Smyrna @ Lincoln County

falconfan94

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

falconfan i know you guys are a great team.....but beware...smyrna is a good solid team....i feel you will pull off the win....but hear this....#41 for smyrna is a good linebacker....big,fast,hard hitter, and is everywhere. They are big all over and very quick..they contained Jake for the simple reason we are so one dimensional(like you didn't know that already though)...their offens blocks well for the back who is very quick,,,faster than yours i think...but thats just an opinion. One more thing....if they put #65 in as a fullback know they are going up the gut....hes a heck of a blocking back and god hes huge! Good Luck L.C in the playoffs. I say you have a tough game ahead but you should pull it out. By the way good game tonight Coffe Co no matter what the score was!

Guest region4fan

I think that #41 for Smyrna is overshadowed by all the hype for Wolke. I personally think that #41 was the difference in our 1 point OT loss to them last week. He is a great player.

Well here is what i think after seeing both teams this year.

LC is probably the best team in 5A. I mean their QB is better than Wolke (sry all of you who consider David Wolke the next messiah) as an all around threat. Now what could play a major factor is if LC's RB is out, i heard he suffered an injury during the last drive if i am not mistaken. I think that if LC gets up by 21 or more, then Smyrna will fall apart, because i am being honest, this is coming from a guy who knows the players and played with them, their are alot of people on that team who are all about themselfes and not the team. Ok to change the sub. Smyrna has a great run game but it think LC defense can contain thunder and lightning. But then again this is just my lonely own opinion. Its kinda boring when your team doesnt make it to the playoffs but ohh well. :o

Guest region4fan

I was not at theOakland game tonight, but heard bits and pieces of it.So I am not sure if LC has made changes since we played them. This Smyrna team is not like the teams of the past. Usually, Smyrna would help you beat them b/c their players cut their own throats. When they would get down, they would start arguing with each other and we could go for the kill. They had lots of penalties last week at crucial times. We stopped their running game. When our starting QB went down before the half, we lost our free safety too as he plays both O and D. We have so little depth that we had to put in a freshman at free. He played as well as he could, but Smyrna started attacking his side and was successful. They are hard-hitting , and very balanced. It was a physical game with both sides laying on the licks. I was most impressed with #41. He made the stop on our 2 point conversion try in OT. I tell you that if you put pressure on Wolke............hit him hard and often...he will panic. He threw 2 INTs and fumbled twice against us. He did make a good run for a TD and is really fast. I am telling you that he is certainly no Edmiston. They have a lot of speed. Their center was out last week , but may have played this week. They usually line up in shotgun, but couldn't because of the center being out. Our D line played like champions against them. It sounds like they did the same against yall too.

We sacked wolke a few times tonight with good pressure but we have no one to cover so he picked us apart when no pressure was there ....they beat us good tonight and i like #41 as well he was everywhere ....he hit nunley alot when he would get through the line and he hit him hard....... good solid team tonight....no shotgun tonight either...but they didn't need it

hey they held nunley to a little over a hundred yards....which is pretty good even tho LC totally shut him down.

I'm not going to make any predictions but I'm going to say this. Smyrna is easily the most athletic team that Lincoln Co. will play this year whether they win or lose. This team matches with Lincoln Co. size and speed. This will probably be the best playoff game all year and I would not be surprised if this game went into overtime. I'll even go as far as saying whoever wins this game will be in the state championship.

Guest Oakland

whoa whoa whoa............ but smyrna has not won a big game yet, and if they cant hold a 14 pt lead against oakland, then hold in the world are they gonna survive lincoln. i am sorry smyrna but lincoln wins this one by 2td's

I know it's the playoffs and nothing really matters but if you look at history Smyrna has played Licoln Co tough. Smyrna has won 5 in a row the only other times in the history of the program that they have done that is in 1995 when they lost in the semis to the state champs cleaveland and in 2000 when they lost to hillsboro. Cleaveland had a 45game winning streak and beat smyrna on the last play of the game.

Guest region4fan

I would imagine after this close game that LC will do some re-grouping and some soul-searching. If they have penalties like tonight and Smyrna get penalized like they did against us............it might take forever to play this one. I do think that LC will have to prove themselves again and will take it out on Smyrna. Smyrna is trying to get some respect themselves. it should be a very physical game. I think things will hinge on whether LC's TB, Gregory plays this week or not. Anybody know his status? That could be a big determining factor in this one.

Edited by region4fan