Price Era Over At Moore County

PowerSoftball

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ela! Doug Price is a good football coach. I wish I had him on my staff!

The only time I ever met him was when I was an assistant coach at Spring Hill H.S. and we played them twice 1997 & 1998. All of the coaches who worked with Coach Mac did a great job. I know he had some problems in his four years as the HC at Moore Co but it is all a part of the learning curve. NO ONE JUMPS FROM BEING AN ASSISTANT COACH INTO THE HC JOB without it! My guess is he could go almost anywhere and do a great job as a coordinator or possibly a HC. Head Coaches are kind of like preachers... sometimes you just need to make a change to shake things up! I hope Coach Price jumps into another coaching position next year (if that's what he wants) and you guys get a great new head coach for the boys in Columbia Blue! Again... good luck! The Moore County Football tradition is very strong!

Maybe Bill Cox will come back and coach you guys. ;)

Blueboy, you and I have had this discussion before... a coaches win/loss record is not indicative of his ability to coach football. Sometimes a head coach can transfer to another school and become a winner! Look at the 5A state Champion from last year and compare that to his first head coaching job! I'll bet there will be many schools interested in having Coach Price on their staff. Win/Lose/ or draw... a former head football coach is always in demand as an assistant coach!

Good luck in your search! My guess is there will be some good candidates apply for the position. Moore County has a fine football tradition!

ELA, i do think wins and loses does matter in picking a coach. How many coaches get a good job after having losing records? I know that you used to be a head coach and I am not pointing to you but in general you must have a good winning record to land a top notch job. Now Price did not have career losing record but if he coaches long enough i believe that he would. Moore County will not tolerate that. Your expected to win and win a lot especially in region play. Lots of people get being a good person mixed up with being a good coach. If you could have seen MC before Price took over and saw them after you know that the MC program was dropping like a leaf on a tree. Coach Price is very weak on game plans, game adjustments and getting the right personel on the field in the right positions. He has always even in Jr. High played favorites. He could make it well in politics. ;)

ELA and Sblvd, we have enough johnny come latley's, It is obivous you two are assitants. It's fine if want to name a replacment, but don't try to tell us our history. If you want Price as an assitant you are nuts! He has ruined chances for players to go to the next level and knocked them out of state records. He ran three staright Clinc Bowl teams into the ground. Need anymore info? His record in 37-23 in 5 years, Mac 49-11 or 50-10 in 5. It is sad when a winning record for Moore County is 6-5 and beat in the 1st round.

As for you Giltner, I am not a fence walker, a parent, or uncle. I am an Alumni and I am tired of what I put so much effort into being ran down.I do not work at Jack. You are not a memeber of the commnity, you do not even live in Lynchburg. You said I do not know anything, if I don't why did Price run the plays I put on the webpage? They worked. I am not as old as you but I have forgot about more football than you will ever know. A new offense, Price is the one who said in 99 in the Tullahoma News" If it ain't broke don't fix it". So the next time you re-surface know what you are talking about. Let me guess it will be the players fault they could not win again. That is a qoute from a sure loser, by the way, you and adams said that in 01 when you last coached. If the coaches were smart they would have used the negatives for motivation! Like a certain past coach.

Burley and company... I don't really care who gets the job down there but you won't find many head coaches who will live up to your standards! Winning is important but how many former Coffee County head coaches have left there to go on to bigger and better things? You play in a great region and you shouldn't expect to dominate year-in-and-year-out unless you are a private school. Moore County may or may not get better but it is not always the coaches fault. Of course he will always get blamed, but that is not always the case. Do you guys know if Coach Price is headed somewhere else? Possibly Tullahoma? I have heard that Coach Mac used to get a few players from neighboring counties but during the Price era, those kids haven't been transferring in... is this correct? You may not like "outsiders" talking about your program but that is the very nature of this message board. I hope Moore County does rise back to the greatness of the Mac years, but you have to accept that there is no guarantee that the next guy will do any better than Coach Price! There are no guarantees in this business! If you have the right coach, the right talent, and the right assistant coaches, you'll have a shot! If not... good luck!

I will tell you this Mac left the program loaded. No, We have never had "superstars". In class 1a you will not have great players all the time, most often 2 or 3. You half to get the ball to these guys. The staff failed to do that and they lost. Ask Saterfield if he has great players. When I watched him last year he did not have a fraction of talent tha MC has. (ball to the best players) But he still won. My standards are I want a coach who is for the players, one who will not cheat the player because his parents don't like the coach. if they go 5-5 and are nice to the players and give them respect, I can live with that. It doesn't mean I like to lose or break even. Heck, when I did not win a ring when I played I considered it a losing season. Don't blame on the players beause you are a bad coach. 01 MC had the most talent in the School's history, P. takes them 4-7, coaches do not always win with great players. Mac had the same problem and 94 and went 10-3 The players on the 01 team could have handled that better. You people have not saw what I have out of him.

Yes we did sometimes get players from ohter counties, with Mac and Doug. Mac usually ran them off. Doug kept them around and caused problems with the team. Many hard feelings are still around because off this. We had some come from Lincoln, Franklin, and other surronding counties and they still do.

A head coach is only as good as his assiatants. Look at Mac know, all the talent he could ever want, and is having trouble. Coaching comp. is greater know for him.

61A is very weak this year, and MC had the best talent at skilled postions next to Mt.P and he still barley won.

I will tell you this Mac left the program loaded. No, We have never had "superstars". In class 1a you will not have great players all the time, most often 2 or 3. You half to get the ball to these guys. The staff failed to do that and they lost. Ask Saterfield if he has great players. When I watched him last year he did not have a fraction of talent tha MC has. (ball to the best players) But he still won. My standards are I want a coach who is for the players, one who will not cheat the player because his parents don't like the coach. if they go 5-5 and are nice to the players and give them respect, I can live with that. It doesn't mean I like to lose or break even. Heck, when I did not win a ring when I played I considered it a losing season. Don't blame on the players beause you are a bad coach. 01 MC had the most talent in the School's history, P. takes them 4-7, coaches do not always win with great players. Mac had the same problem and 94 and went 10-3 The players on the 01 team could have handled that better. You people have not saw what I have out of him.

Yes we did sometimes get players from ohter counties, with Mac and Doug. Mac usually ran them off. Doug kept them around and caused problems with the team. Many hard feelings are still around because off this. We had some come from Lincoln, Franklin, and other surronding counties and they still do.

A head coach is only as good as his assiatants. Look at Mac know, all the talent he could ever want, and is having trouble. Coaching comp. is greater know for him.

61A is very weak this year, and MC had the best talent at skilled postions next to Mt.P and he still barley won.

Fair enough! ;)

ELA, you got me on that Cox bit ;) but when Cox was Coach at MC something funny happened that year. His son was the kicker and guess what, one night he totally missed the ball on the kickoff! Well that has not happened since till this year and guess what MC's kicker missed the ball on a kickoff(well it did fall off the tee) and the first thing I thought was of Coach Cox and what a terrible coach he was but (he was a nice guy). So now Coach Cox and Price can be thought of as two of a kind. :D

ELA, you got me on that Cox bit :D but when Cox was Coach at MC something funny happened that year. His son was the kicker and guess what, one night he totally missed the ball on the kickoff! Well that has not happened since till this year and guess what MC's kicker missed the ball on a kickoff(well it did fall off the tee) and the first thing I thought was of Coach Cox and what a terrible coach he was but (he was a nice guy). So now Coach Cox and Price can be thought of as two of a kind. ;)

He was only there one year, right? I think he got his revenge twice when Spring Hill played you guys in 97 and 98. My son was QB both years!