Moore County Coach

plas

Coach Price may be resigning but until it is official I do not believe it. You people at Moore County would be critical of trhe POPE. Doug has done a fine job with what he had to work with. I know I coached against Mac and Doug and the talent level is way down from the Mac era. You people see what you want to see. Doug if this true I wish the very best and I want you to know from someone who knows what you have been through, Mac, Moffitt, Albino, or Johnny Majors could not have done any better.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the Wayne Co. game in MC. Coach Price has done well with the Raiders. I got frustrated during the game. There were far to many "coaches" on the wrong side of the fence. MC fans need to stand back and let the coaches do their jobs. Cheer for your team instead of criticizing every play call and decision. I believe Coach Price has handled the team well. I don't know how he has done as well as he has handling all the criticism. I believe in MC football, the players and the coaches. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but fans support the whole team in good times and bad.

I attended the Wayne Co. game in MC. Coach Price has done well with the Raiders. I got frustrated during the game. There were far to many "coaches" on the wrong side of the fence. MC fans need to stand back and let the coaches do their jobs. Cheer for your team instead of criticizing every play call and decision. I believe Coach Price has handled the team well. I don't know how he has done as well as he has handling all the criticism. I believe in MC football, the players and the coaches. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but fans support the whole team in good times and bad.

This is true at a lot of schools. Many of these men are former players who always seem to remember the "good old days" when they played. The problem is very few are at practice and know who is hurt, who was suspended at school during the week, who missed practice, and who has the flu! Very few understand the game enough to know the differences in offensive and defensive schemes and what it takes to defend against one or attack the other, and yet, the continue to criticize play calling.

It's great to have the support of your alumni and community as long as they support you with their wallet! But when those same supporters decide they want to run your program, you'd better start looking for a new job because its down hill from there. Coaches all across America face this problem so its not anything new in Tennessee; however, most people don't realize how much they really hurt their kids and their home team when they continue to verbally criticize the players and cut down the coaching staff! 6-5 is not a terrible year and I'm not sure any of the fence walkers could have done as good this past season.

This is true at a lot of schools. Many of these men are former players who always seem to remember the "good old days" when they played. The problem is very few are at practice and know who is hurt, who was suspended at school during the week, who missed practice, and who has the flu! Very few understand the game enough to know the differences in offensive and defensive schemes and what it takes to defend against one or attack the other, and yet, the continue to criticize play calling.

It's great to have the support of your alumni and community as long as they support you with their wallet! But when those same supporters decide they want to run your program, you'd better start looking for a new job because its down hill from there. Coaches all across America face this problem so its not anything new in Tennessee; however, most people don't realize how much they really hurt their kids and their home team when they continue to verbally criticize the players and cut down the coaching staff! 6-5 is not a terrible year and I'm not sure any of the fence walkers could have done as good this past season.

Fans support the team, not run the program. Price was hired to do a job--let him do it.

I THINK ABOUT 5-7 YRS AGO MOORE CO. QUIT ALLOWING OUT OF COUNTY STUDENT-ATHLETES INTO THEIR SCHOOLS. THIS HAS HAD A MAJOR IMPACT ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM. MAC WAS A GOOD COACH BUT IN A SINGLE A SCHOOL 2 OR 3 PLAYERS FROM T-TOWN MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. I THINK COACH PRICE IS A GOOD COACH AND IF HE RESIGNS I HOPE HEY GIVE MARK MONTOYE A CHANCE. I KNOW HE IS DECICATED TO COACHING AND WOULD GIVE IT 110%. ALL THE PLAYERS WHO HE COACHED HERE IN FRANKLIN CO. LOVED PLAYING FOR HIM. GOOD LUCK MARK. FROM THE GUY WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO TEACH.

Well I know the whole Price situation has everyone in a up roar. As for if Doug is leaving or not, I could careless. I have watched MC football for a longtime. Way before Mac and Price. I know people talk about the lack of talent but I still dont see it. The talent is still their and all the fence riders need to believe in the kids and stop pointing fingers. Its the coaches responsibilty to coach the kids, no matter the level of talent. A good coach can win with average talent but a bad coach can find a way to loose even with good talent. As for rebel00, i wish you could tell me who the great players were that transferred in from T-Town that allowed MAC to be so great. Most of the players Mac won with were from MC. I know kids came to school there from out of the county but most of those kids were in the system way before they were even old enough to even think about playing High School Football. I can think of a few that could have gone to T-town, Franklin County and Lincoln county over the years but I can not think of any that were just so great that they set themselves apart from the team. NAME THEM???

If what I hear is true (about coach Price resigning) I am sure it because of all the BS the parents are saying. Coach Price is one heck of a coach and even better man. You would be hard pressed to find a better of a man.You people here are so hypocritical it is pathetic. You have a great great man a the helm of the program and all you want to do is whine and moan about not winning. Let me remind you guys that Coach McCurry didn't win a championship here either, and here's another little secret Coach Mac had one heck of a defense coordinator that would break a team completely down before we played them. I am not knocking Coach McCurry he was a heck of a coach but Coach Moffet was a big part of our success and worked just as hard on the other side of the ball. It would be completely overwhelming for one coach to do offense and defense. It is the defense that wins the game if you haven't learned that by now. Another thing, the talent level is down. If you can't see that you are blind or have blinders on. Ask any of the x-players, or maybe they just don't want to win as bad as we used to. I'm not talking about being upset over losing, I'm talking about feeling as if your mother was killed and someone spit in your face feelings if we lost. I don't know if these boys are like that anymore? Have you people ever stopped to think that maybe it is not Coach Price that is too blame? There are a few more coaches on the team than just him. BIGGER PICTURE FOLKS. It really doesn't matter because the next coach that comes in here and does not do what the townspeople want then they too will be run out of town. Folks you need to wake up and smell the roses, this will be the SECOND great coach you lose because you all think that you can do it better. I guess that is why you all are coaches? So go ahead run Coach Price out, there are schools all over the state that would dream of having the last 2 coaches you people have ran off.

PHIL #24

Scott Phillips

Edited by Bighurt

[Ask any of the x-players, or maybe they just don't want to win as bad as we used to. I'm not talking about being upset over losing, I'm talking about feeling as if your mother was killed and someone spit in your face feelings if we lost. I don't know if these boys are like that anymore?

Amen Scott, Well said young man.

Edited by sinjin