How do I start a "New Poll?"

BaldEagleEye

Hello!

I discovered CoachT.com just before the football playoffs of 2002. I've found your site informative, entertaining, well structured (i.e., more than merely "well balanced") and often revealing. Well done! Carry on!

I enjoy watching & playing other sports from time to time; but, my sports "mania" begins and ends with football. Hence, although I read last year's concluding posts with (my wife would say near "giddy") interest, I didn't register for posting until recently. Also, I'm quite certain my visits to CoachT.com will all but vanish by mid-December. Accordingly, I have one of the "plain memberships." (Yes, I'm a freeloader. :D )

Well, CoachT, I have a nuts-&-bolts posting question. I've successfully posted a few replies now, and, I know how to start a new thread. However, I tried to start a "New Poll" this morning and was greeted with the message, "The error returned was: You cannot start a poll."

At first, I thought starting polls may be reserved for CoachT Plus Members. Then, I noticed some polls were recently started by posters who aren't Plus Members.

I checked the Help page and saw your advice to use MSIE, not Netscape 4.7, which was what I was using when the first message appeared. I closed Netscape, opened MSIE, and got the same message.

Are freeloaders like me allowed to start polls? If so, please walk me through the steps. If not, you still have a fine site. Keep going!

Edited by BaldEagleEye

The polls can only be started by Plus members. What you observed was a fan starting a thread and then a Plus member coming along and adding a poll to that thread. The poll then moves to the top which gives the appearamce that the original poster started it.

I hope you decide to stick around. You seem to have the kind of enthusiasm we need.