CAK vs Greenback

???

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Celebration is not wrong; it is what makes the games. If Greenback would beat CAK and celebrate, of course (as a CAK fan), I'd be saddened, but not because I think celebration is wrong - what is wrong to me is that my team didn't win.

Celebration can be wrong if comes to being not Christ-like towards the other team. Chanting is a way to build team spirit - it is a shame that it hurts your feelings. What is worse: Midway's cheap shot when they knew they were going to lose or CAK being excited when they won a game that everyone said they were going to lose? I would like to say that CAK is always portrayed as Christ-like in its ways but sometimes we fail and the community is quick to point fingers at us. But this time I'm sure CAK did not intend to be disrespectful to Midway in anyway.

I thought Midway was an awesome host for the game (except for cheap shot in the 4th quarter and turning off the lights right after the game ended). I personally like Midway's announcer. He should announce the state championship game.

Back to the greenback topic...

Does the G-Nation respect CAK? I think they might have started to. As a CAK fan, I hope not - the less respect the more it fuels CAK. The Cherokees have become a rival of sorts and I can't wait to make the trip down there and watch the game. One things for sure: you cannot break the Warrior spirit. Look at how many games we have been behind by a wide gap coming into halftime to make an interesting fourth quarter!

Greenback will come out on top, someone made the comment that CAK has got better since the 2nd game of the season, but you for get so has greenback. this greenback team is a totally different team then you saw at the 2nd game.

g-nation all day baby!!!!!

"winners make commitments"

"losers make promises"

For one CAK did not chant we chanted , and I do not find anything to be wrong with that considering, when you came to our house earlier in the season and gave us an embarrasing defeat I heard all of you chanting SOR. So I do not feel bad at all. There was nothing wrong with what CAK did and I heard some of you say that Midway played a classy game, I'm sorry I respect every team I have played all year. Every team are either good winner's or good losers, good sports in the middle of the game. But not Midway, they were the dirtiest players I have ever encountered, they had a hold of my facemask the entire game, and I know they did much worst, when they knew the game was lost their were at least three cheap shots. I guess I can not speak against the entire Midway team, for all I know most of them are classy, but I have no respect for #68 and #13.

Edited by robjim

I will watch my language? all i did was state the facts and refer to the unsportsman like play at the end of the game. there was nothing wrong with that language. ANYWAYS... back the Greenback v. CAK. you can't get anything out of the first time these teams met because both teams are totally different now. i think that if james plays then greenbacks offense will be evenly spread between pass and run. and it will be a challenge for cak defense to hold them to a low score. IF (which i dont think this is the case) james can't play and helton fills in at quarterback there will be a void in greenbacks passing game simply because they lose their go to man at wideout. that doesn't necessarily hurt greenback on offense because helton is an athlete. and they still have greg way to add to the run game. if that is the scenario and james doesn't play it will be interesting to see if greenback can stay strong on offense. no matter what the game will come down to defense. James from what i know is playing. and caks D is gonna have to hold strong in the secondary and respect the run. it will be a challenge. Greenbacks D is gonna have to step up in secondary and make some plays. If cak can get a run game going to add to the pass game it will be tough to stop them. but im sure both teams are up to it on both sides of the ball. its gonna be a fight.

I agree it is very normal to celebrate after a win, however have Midway players and parents ever hung in the middle of an opposing teams field after a win? Not to my knowledge.  I have never seen any team do such. Off to the side, yes, outside the fence, yes. All parents wait by locker room doors to celebrate with our kids. Never would you see such a display of "in your face" cockyness that this Christian school and PARENTS displayed Nov 14 th. Some of the comments and actions were far from Christian. Money can buy many things but never Class and Christianity or sportsmanship. You need to review what some of your children are writing on here. Surely you heard the nice chanting of SOR and what it stood for by your own parents and children after the game CAK. We at Midway could. YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD!!!

Yes we lost. sad yes, class act??? definitly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope for Greenback to win.

My freshman year at Midway we were cussed out and flipped off when we were going on and coming off the field. Class act?

Edited by pennyplay6254

I'm hoping the Greenback gets this one because before our game with them I was saying if they beat us I hope they beat Greenback but after what they did on our field (standing in the middle yellin SOR trying to be buttholes) i hope Greenback kills them! Good Luck Greenback!

actually, CAK wasnt chanting SOR, they were chanting NOR(North of the River)