Top Freshman in the Chattanooga area?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skogen-hands down-not only does he have size and skill but he's got his head right-he wants to win and that's what drives him-he'll be one of the best players out of the chattanooga area -ever (in football as well) but just another note for DeepBall-you are a freakin moron-what the heck are you talking about ?seth plays against the blind????-I guess a team that wins 2 state championships in a row and plays AA and AAA teams all the time doesn't have a tough schedule-think before speaking please....

Well ive seen seth play once and he is pretty good ....... real good , but another really good freshman if he ends up playing is Russel from Soddy Daisy actualyl right now hes a lil to young and gets to where he wont run the offence and ball hogs everynow and then but if he calms down and gets smarter witht he ball which he will do heck be a baller to watch out for in the comin years

well well well...looks like dozier won this battle---i wasn't there, how'd the matchup go. it said in the paper that young skogen didn't score until the 4th quarter. is this right? and another thing...seth skogen will be the best football player in the chattanooga area??? you have got to be kidding me! first of all, temple's "football program" didn't play ANYONE this year. in fact, speaking of blind schools, didn't they play the tennessee school for the blind? but regardless, there is no way that you can tell how good a football player is until he plays some competition. maybe temple should start playing games that count, and not just in a fun league.

Walter Dozier...mark my words...the real deal. Started the season on the freshmen team...after one day moved to the JV practice squad. A day later he was moves to a rotation ofter Defoor and Harris went down. Incredible athelete who is very raw. He is just learning the offense, doesn't really have a great shot, doesn't have very good technique in defense...but right now his athletisism makes up for all of it. He is a great player and has the work ethic to become a serious star. he is already playing the point for mccallie in the first game. McCallie played Temple last night and Seth had already had a year under his belt. Dozier will be a true player because he has the athletic ability to do it. I think it will be interesting to see his future. He is also a player that works on his weaknesses. I saw that he bought a Reggie Miller jersey...the guy wants to be that great shooter.

Edited by nader64

Walter Dozier......Yeah right. Not even the best player at his school. Two words: Jared Waters. Cliff talked about work ethic, I have seen Jared Waters without a ball in his hand twice in my life. Give Elkin another year with him and he will be even more special. Stop by some McCallie games to see him in action. Just ask a parent, fan , or scout which one is Waters, They will all know.

well well well...looks like dozier won this battle---i wasn't there, how'd the matchup go. it said in the paper that young skogen didn't score until the 4th quarter. is this right? and another thing...seth skogen will be the best football player in the chattanooga area??? you have got to be kidding me! first of all, temple's "football program" didn't play ANYONE this year. in fact, speaking of blind schools, didn't they play the tennessee school for the blind? but regardless, there is no way that you can tell how good a football player is until he plays some competition. maybe temple should start playing games that count, and not just in a fun league.

No dozier didn't win the battle- his team did - seth had more points. Seth has a better feel for the offense than dozier, who was out of control some of the time. Dozier is good but seth is just better. And by the way, Temple didn't play the school for the blind. And how good a football player is doesn't rely on what team he is on. Time will tell how good seth is in baketball and football.

I don't know how much you really know about talent -- but Dozier didn't win the battle. Seth didn't score till the 4th quarter (that may be true), but as far as an all around talent -- Seth gets my vote. Dozier was out of control (could have been first game jitters) -- and really didn't do a whole lot. Maybe he will improve as the year goes on and turn out to be a good player, but what gets me is the fact that you take things a little far when you criticize Temple's football program which had a good first year for having over 3/4 of the guys who never played football before. Many of them are freshmen and will get better in time as well. Whether you play "competition" or not -- you still have to put the pads on a play. And Temple did just that. They showed lots of character and heart going against teams like Celina, Copper Basin, and topping it off by beating a decent Lookout Valley team. Maybe you should give the Crusaders some credit instead of showing your lack of knowledge when it comes to sports and what its really all about. And yes, it ought to be "fun" to play the game and not to be taken so serious. If you can't enjoy the game -- then what's the point.