Top Freshman in the Chattanooga area?

oldtimeballer63

sure you can give seth skogen time to get better and time to improve, and sure temple played some teams on par with where their program is right now, but saying that he might be a talent in football is stretching it a little bit. let's see him go up against some REAL teams around here (no offense to Lookout Valley) and see what he's got. You can't say that he might have a future in football when the school's only had a program one year! Why doesn't temple schedule some bigger schools we'll see how many passes seth can catch then. The only way you can tell if he's good or not is if ample competition is on the field. He can go out there and school kids with talent levels of 8th graders all he wants, but how can you say he has a future in football when temple clearly doesn't play the best teams in town. But anyway what do I know, after all I clearly have a "lack of knowledge when it comes to sports". Here's to the temple football program---perhaps you guys might be able to hang with mccallie's 9th grade next year

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that this means much much but seth dominated boyds middle school team last year- the whole team did. So in a few years if they gain in numbers and get stronger wit a weight program temple could hang with some tough teams. And for basketball, nobody will be any competition when seths class becomes seniors.

oh just a side note about seth-I believe he dropped about 20 on a very good Ooltewah team-I could be wrong but that's what I heard Temple lost yes-but still quite impressive for a freshman.-oh also joe7-just shut up about the whole school of the blind thing that is no longer funny-it's just stupid-so keep your mouth shut and stop rippen on a team that had a good first year program-and just so you know a single individual's talent is not based on how a team performs-write that down-and if you don't have a pen-remember that!!!!

Yes Seth had a good game against Ooltewah. His shot was going well from outside especially considering that Ooltewah was in a 1-3-1 zone, designed to make you shoot. If he went inside a little more he may have been able to get Courtney White of Ooltewah in foul trouble who had a great game with 20 points and 17 rebounds. Oh and on the side note Seth is definitely the best freshman in the city without a doubt.

Edited by IbleedRED&GRAY

russel mcneil of sd.....he started the jamboree didn't have a good game then missed like 2 weeks of practice when they were going over a lot of important stuff and has only played like in 1 of the varsity games so far but has only dressed one game too.. he may not be the best in the chattanooga area but he's deffinatly one that can make a difference now and will be really good in a couple of years if he stays with it

Here are some of the top freshmen in the Chattanooga area in my humble opinion: Seth Skogen, Walter Dozier, Darius Staton, Dee Newsom, Josh Nason, Stephen Smith, Justin Headden, Mike Mike (?) from Red Bank, Bradley Grant, Patrick Horton, Kevin Reid, Darren Chandler, Nick Wilson, Cory Lusk, Steve ? Shiraef, Josh Smith, Guard from Lookout Valley last year, Groothuis from Chattanooga Christian. Red Bank and Dalewood were the class of the Hamilton County league last year. Boyd Buchanan went 15-1 in the Independent Schools league. McCallie and CCS were tough in their league. I'm confident that there are some good players that I don't know about in Bradley County. I've also left out several Dalewood kids because I don't know their names. Look out for Jesse Taylor (CCS), Seth Wadley (Temple) and Tim Benford (Red Bank) in the eighth grade this year. Who else did I leave out?

Here are some of the top freshmen in the Chattanooga area in my humble opinion: Seth Skogen, Walter Dozier, Darius Staton, Dee Newsom, Josh Nason, Stephen Smith, Justin Headden, Mike Mike (?) from Red Bank, Bradley Grant, Patrick Horton, Kevin Reid, Darren Chandler, Nick Wilson, Cory Lusk, Steve ? Shiraef, Josh Smith, Guard from Lookout Valley last year, Groothuis from Chattanooga Christian.  Red Bank and Dalewood were the class of the Hamilton County league last year.  Boyd Buchanan went 15-1 in the Independent Schools league.  McCallie and CCS were tough in their league.  I'm confident that there are some good players that I don't know about in Bradley County.  I've also left out several Dalewood kids because I don't know their names.  Look out for Jesse Taylor (CCS), Seth Wadley (Temple) and Tim Benford (Red Bank) in the eighth grade this year.  Who else did I leave out?

The guard from LV was adrian bentley---- he goes to tyner now.

Edited by ttajwb20

Here are some of the top freshmen in the Chattanooga area in my humble opinion: Seth Skogen, Walter Dozier, Darius Staton, Dee Newsom, Josh Nason, Stephen Smith, Justin Headden, Mike Mike (?) from Red Bank, Bradley Grant, Patrick Horton, Kevin Reid, Darren Chandler, Nick Wilson, Cory Lusk, Steve ? Shiraef, Josh Smith, Guard from Lookout Valley last year, Groothuis from Chattanooga Christian. Red Bank and Dalewood were the class of the Hamilton County league last year. Boyd Buchanan went 15-1 in the Independent Schools league. McCallie and CCS were tough in their league. I'm confident that there are some good players that I don't know about in Bradley County. I've also left out several Dalewood kids because I don't know their names. Look out for Jesse Taylor (CCS), Seth Wadley (Temple) and Tim Benford (Red Bank) in the eighth grade this year. Who else did I leave out?

If Jonathon ballew would play basketball, he would be the dominate freshman in Chatt. He won't play though cause hes focusing on football, where hes a dominating safety. I've seen him beat seth skogen in one-on-one!!!!!!1--- no joke.