Lincoln/ riverdale

lhs9898

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

after seeing oakland take lincoln down to the wire, i kinda got the feeling that somebody from region 4 was gonna get them they peaked big time in the middle of the season and could never seem to regain that kind of dominance they had in the regular season. lincoln should be absolutely proud of their team though, they did something this year that wont happen many times, they swept the boro, so heads lincoln you guys will be back next year

Louis does what he does best. Make adjustments at half.

Nope, I disagree; he didn't make any adjustments at all!

Lincoln County looses 19-13. The drop Lincoln County punt was the difference in the game. That turned out to be really BIG! Both teams got a touchdown called back. I know Lincoln County's holding call was very questionable, but Riverdale can same the same for their holding call too. In my opinion, Riverdale brought all that they had and wanted this game more than Lincoln County. Also in my opinion, our coaching staff was out coached! Give Gary Rankin and his staff their due. He sought after matchups all night long. He kept our defense spread out and used his speed to his advantage. He knew who our weakest D backs were and went right at them. He played ball control and kept Michael Edmiston and company off the field. He is one heck of a coach! If Lincoln County had some slant plays in their arsenal, they could have won this game because the middle was wide open, but we don't run slants. We kept trying to throw deep, when all we had to do was throw quick short slants or anything across the middle. They kept pressure on Edmiston all night long, who didn't have time to throw, but shorter drops and quick short yardage throws would have helped him with the rush. Now with that being said, Edmiston held the ball too long on many of his passing plays that caused him to be sacked. In summary, we were out played, out coached; Riverdale had the better game plan, and deserved to win the ballgame. Good Luck to the Warriors next week as they travel to Oak Ridge.

As for our Falcons, You gave it your all, but it wasn't enough tonight. Congratulations on a great season!