Riverdale vs. Oak Ridge

seminolefan6

Ah, Speed bumps....

I thought it was pretty humorous last week when Riverdale was referred to as just a speed bump on Lincoln County's trip to the state championship. Disrespect is a dangerous thing at this level of play.

I expect a war. Anybody expecting a easy game, on either side, will likely be sorely disappointed. Too much talent and desire on both these teams for the game to be anything less than a barn-burner.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Riverdale by at least 10.more like 14! GO WARRIORS!!!! I hope you have a huge crowd to show OR how Region 4 does things!!!

I am hoping for a Franklin/ Riverdale pairinin th Bowl game!!

It doesn't matter where Oak Ridge has been or where Riverdale has been.  Neither team can worry about the past.

Agree completely firstbase...........this game is gonna be so awesome, I get excited just thinking about it

I can't quote him since this is a different thread, but WaCoJaCo put it best when he said "you guys [Riverdale] are in for a big suprise....." in reference to everyone's negative comments on Oak Ridge

and hey, I like the go oak ridge and the go coalfield.....my dad played for Coalfield in the 70's so goooo Jackets!!

Edited by ORWildcat30

Well, at least playing at Oak Ridge, the play by play announcer will be closer to within the rules! Anyway, I see a close game. Who knows? I don't . I do know that in 91, Gallitin got inside the red zone and was rebuffed. The same happened with Jeff Co. and with DB the last couple of games. Defense is strong on that side.

OR got burned with the pass with DB. Does Riverdale pass? Still, OR ran the road.

Look at the stats from the Jeff Co. game and the DB game and see that in both cases the loser did some real stuff. Jeff was a tough team. Jeff is a tough team. The D of OR beat them in my opinon. RD has not faced that D on the run.

I ask again, does RD pass the ball? How well do they defend the pass?

I will be there. Hope anyone with the time to get to the game can attend. I love this stuff and when the season ends, there will be a down time. This should be a great game..I predict OR but that is on the edge. That is why we will be there Friday night...to see it all unfold.

God Bless. Dart. been there for almost 50 years, too young at the time to remember the first few games.

Edited by Dart

I caught a fairer weather forcast..we will see.

Seems to me lacking in all this thread is a "common opponent".

When OR won in 91( a long, long time ago), there was Franklin Co. as a common oponent with Gallatin.(That was the game with the Jeff Hall record field goal and some terse moments with a Franklin Co. player out on the field for a long time).

Those folks at Fanklin Co said Gallatin would be no prob and it wasn't. No common opponent this time makes for a lot of speculation and a whale of a game to be at in person!

The champ game of 91 was at Knox Central. The state game was a wipe up of events.

With no common opponent, we are all guessing and that is exactly why I will be at the game. Yelling my head off for OR.

God Bless. Dart.

RIVERDALE BABY!!! SPEED KILLS MARK IT DOWN AND D WINS THE GAME. 14-0 RIVERDALE.

HA! You got to be kidding me when you say defense is gonna win this one thats not gonna happen man. Oak Ridge Isnt gonna be stopped offensivly. Listen I played ball with Corey Booker in saturday league for Kingston hoppers. We were undefeated 2 straight years and from there on out I knew Corey was gonna be one of the best players out of Roane County. Booker is gonna run all over Riverdale Fri. Night and its gonnna be like this. Oak Ridge is gonna say heres where the ball is goin... try and stop us, But Riverdale isnt going to be able to stop Bookers Running attack and thats not all OR has when they get tired of running it down your throat they will air it out to the endzone for more points. I take Oak Ridge in this one. 42-14

Agree completely firstbase...........this game is gonna be so awesome, I get excited just thinking about it

I can't quote him since this is a different thread, but WaCoJaCo put it best when he said "you guys [Riverdale] are in for a big suprise....." in reference to everyone's negative comments on Oak Ridge

and hey, I like the go oak ridge and the go coalfield.....my dad played for Coalfield in the 70's so goooo Jackets!!

And if it is the Dad I'm thinking about, he was and still is one of the best in my humble opinion. He could catch a ball with 50 yards of him, well at least 10. He's a real pal.