Giles County @ Lawrence Co

wneely

Are you crazy MATT?? He alone kept them in the game. He got to the basket at will and the only reason he didnt score 30 was because of the new goal tending rule the refs made tonight. He was also dropping bombs in all of Giles co. players eyes. He also fouled out with 7+ minutes left in the game on some bad calls. But he was the best player out there tonight.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game tonight and i didn't see anything all that impressive from Giles County.They weren't as fast as Lawrence and didNn't out play them at all.They were just alittle bit bigger than we were and that was all.Tyler Smith didn't show any determination at all tonight.He shot two or three hair balls and just didn't seem like he cared at all.He was running his mouth to the Hartsfield boys and when he got the ball he couldn't do to much with it.Kit And Chris Hartsfield played excellent defence agaisnt him I thought and my hats goes off to them.And all the players on LCHS did what i thought was a outstanding job tonight on offence and defence.And for Giles County if ya'll have any plans on going back to state this better stop playing scrapy ball and start playing like a team not a street ball team.

GREAT JOB WILDCATS KEEPS YOU HEADS UP,YOU GUYS HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED ABOUT!!!

Wade when your at the game then you come back and we will talk about what we saw,cause i know you didn't see nothing working at Bi-Lo tonight that has to do with the game.It was a terrible called game and everyone could see that,everytime we try to defend on the block the ref blew that wistle.And everyone could see that Giles came into the game thinking they were going to walk all over us.Trust me they didn't.

tyler smith is not anywhere as good as people make him out to be. all he has is athleticism and potential. he does not at all use his potential. he is very lazy on the court. his jump shot is awful, he had two air balls. because he has so much hype the refs call fouls if u breathe too hard. tyler, good thing u hit free throws cuz u sure do get da calls.

It would have been nice if referee Collie had not been sooooooooooooo protective of Tyler Smith that he felt a need to get Hartsfield out of the game within the first two minutes. Honestly 3 fouls in 2 minutes. I was right next to where the fouls were "supposed" to have occured and I sure didn't see what referee Collie "saw".

His foul calling was ridiculious. Hartsfield was talking to his coach after the first two fouls and wasn't even looking at Collie and Collie called a technical on him. We were there to watch a ballgame not a see which Lawrence County players could be eliminated so Tyler Smith could have the opportunity to try to look good for UT coach Peterson. It was an injustice for Hartsfield and LCHS to take one of Lawrence County's stongest defensive players out of the game so Tyler Smith could try to put on a show. Tyler Smith was mouthing off right next to where I was sitting and then wrapped his arm into Hartsfields and Hartsfield got the foul. It was unbelievable. A fan from Giles County was sitting in front of me and said "My Lord, what did Hartsfield do to that ref?" I don't think it's what Hartsfield did to the ref, it was Tyler running his mouth and then tattletelling on Hartsfield when he gave it back to him. It was pretty evident what was going on, but at the expense of taking one of Lawrence County's key players out? Tonite was not a true basketball game because the refs starting taking out LCHS players before the game even got started. How could anybody judge the outcome. First the players have to be allowed to be a part of the game. Those fouls that were called were to get him removed from the game and in a hurry. LCHS you played hard and did a great job, maybe next time you will be allowed to play with all your players.

There is telling how many times a LCHS player split the Giles defence and went to the hoop and was called offencive foul.There are alot of players on giles team who has a better chance of getting a acting scholarship than a basketball schloarship.And those refs need to get there eyes checked,everyone in that gym knows with out a doubt that those refs were giving giles the calls.

OK...Tyler Smith isn't all of that. How many points did he have...oh...22. Didn't that lead the game?...I think it did. As for Tyler mouthing all night, I did notice that, but I think he does it to get into the heads of his opponents. No one on that floor could guard him one on one. If playing hack a shaq is Lawrenceburg's idea of guarding him, then they did a good job....wait a minute...no they didn't he had 22 points. The kid can shoot his foul shots, so all you guys did is play to his strengths. You cannot say that his fouls weren't legitimate...they almost took his arms off a couple of times. I guess when you get beat by 14 pts. by the defending state champs, who had a very off night, you have to have something to cry about.

If I recall, didn't GC have more fouls than LC in the first half? darn refs...LOL

Kroger READ THE POST and try to understand what it is saying before you try to respond. It had nothin to do with who had the most fouls in the first half (although Lawrence County ended up with more- no surprise) It was the fact that key LCHS players were put in foul trouble fast which changed the whole game COMPETELY. As for Tyler scoring 22 points....... I would hope that in being rated one of the top players in the nation he would be able to do that, especially when the refs pave him an easier route to the basket cause the outside game sure doesn't work for him.

do you have any whine ( wine) to go with that cheese. come on please lets be honest with ourselves. lchs came out playing on pure emotions(heart) and thats about it.oh excuse me lchs did have a bright spot the mcguire kids is pretty darn good. but back to the post, lchs just did exactly as i predicted and we will see that against all those area teams that surround lawerence county and that is really sad. if u cant beat'em then beat'em up come on. no i think its a pride think, its been like that for years, "whatever U do" "dont let them dunk or have a fastbreak", break there legs if u have to but just dont let them dunk. " i read a sign that said a dunk is 2 points so why try to hurt them. and lchs coaches and surround coaches i hope you all read this post. please teach your kids how to play good defense and hold on to the ball so that they wont try to injury a person.