THE OFFICIAL THREAD FOR ALCOA VS LIPSCOMB

AWHPC

I think that it will be a good game...............That is, if Alcoa has any defensive backs that can play with the best wide receiver in the state, and possibly the nation. #21-Austin Rogers runs a 4.4, has better hands than Randy Moss, and can out jump just about anyone. If Alcoa can find a way to somehow stop him, then they might have a chance. If not, then this will be just another blow out, and the mustangs will return to the state championship.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teddie - some people are going to look at your post & say whatever. Not me. I totally agree with you Austin Rogers is a great talent. I think he will need to put on a few more pounds but that should not be problem, he is only a junior. Last year I think he finished second in the state in the high jump. Somebody correct me if I am wrong on that. You are not exagerating about his speed either. If he continues to improve & I know he will, Austin will be able to pick his college of choice. The tallent level is just tremendous. Before any of you private rs say anything. These boys have been at the school since 4-5-6th grade. Most since kindergarten.

Austin should be able to pick his school and his sport. Also, very good in track and I hear baseball is his best sport.

I guess his recruiting started when both of his parents were sent to Lipscomb at a young age. They just happened to marry and have a very athletic son. That's how we recruit at Lipscomb.

No offense to his dad, Randy; but, his mother was probably the better athlete.

Well that sounds pretty good Teddie, one of Alcoa's strength's is probably their secondary. The two fastest players on the team are our two cornerbacks Garry Hill and David Wilder, I believe both can run somewhere in the 4.4- 4.5 range,can jump a mile high, and will stick to you like glue. I believe that Cumberland Gap had the most passing yards on us this year,which was 177, and that's because they threw most of the time. We also have safety Brad Coulter that had two (alomost three) interceptions against Sweetwater two weeks ago. Than if Rogers decides to go across the middle than he will be met be what the Daily Times says "the best linebacker this side of Nashville", and that's Dustin Lindsey. So I think Alcoa will be O.K. in the secondary, in covering Mr. Rogers. David Lipscomb better also worry about covering a particular receiver Alcoa has in Brandon Warren.

Austin should be able to pick his school and his sport. Also, very good in track and I hear is his best sport.

I guess his recruiting started when both of his parents were sent to Lipscomb at a young age. They just happened to marry and have a very athletic son. That's how we recruit at Lipscomb.

No offense to his dad, Randy; but, his mother was probably the better athlete.

You did'nt mention that he is probably the best centerfielder in the state in . I will agree with you on the fact that he gets his athletic ability from his mom. Randy we still love ya man.

Well that sounds pretty good Teddie, one of Alcoa's strength's is probably their secondary. The two fastest players on the team are our two cornerbacks Garry Hill and David Wilder, I believe both can run somewhere in the 4.4- 4.5 range,can jump a mile high, and will stick to you like glue. I believe that Cumberland Gap had the most passing yards on us this year,which was 177, and that's because they threw most of the time. We also have safety Brad Coulter that had two (alomost three) interceptions against Sweetwater two weeks ago. Than if Rogers decides to go across the middle than he will be met be what the Daily Times says "the best linebacker this side of Nashville", and that's Dustin Lindsey. So I think Alcoa will be O.K. in the secondary, in covering Mr. Rogers. David Lipscomb better also worry about covering a particular receiver Alcoa has in Brandon Warren.

Well Tom it sounds like we ought to have some interesting matchups Friday night. Looking forward to it.

Well, I'll do my best to bring it down a few notches.

twittycanes,

I am so sick of your talk on hear. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a million times: "All our rich little bratty private school boys have gone to school together since the 6th grade." Well, wah, wah, wah. Anytime ppl say things like that it just signals a red flag. That means you're guilty of recruiting kdis and just trying to cover your butt. How long have you been associated with Lipscomb? I bet you didn't have to cross any hurdles or throuh any hoops to get there. You just decide you want to be a part of another school, so you up and leave.

You may beat Alcoa, but I hope you sit in bed Friday night and think about how you bought yourself one. Good luck to the Tornadoes. I hope they win by 77.

eddie you just jealous cause your not in the 'click'!! Everybody knows that to go to a school like DL you got to be able to buy your kids a social group and status. And if they aren';t being treated just right then you gotta be willing to call some kids out. that's what private school is all about

Eddie you make me sick!

IT is people like you that give message boards a bad name. I started this link with one thing in mind. NO TRASH TALK!!!

We had some good talk about fans and teams and you go in and mellicousily attack twittycanes and this entire thread.

Why do people like you do this stuff. Get a life!!

Sorry, to everybody else. I lowered myself to his level. But people like that make me sick.

Eddie you make me sick!

IT is people like you that give message boards a bad name. I started this link with one thing in mind. NO TRASH TALK!!!

We had some good talk about fans and teams and you go in and mellicousily attack twittycanes and this entire thread.

Why do people like you do this stuff. Get a life!!

Sorry, to everybody else. I lowered myself to his level. But people like that make me sick.

look Awhpc- If you want to know what is really sick, you should taste this chocolate covered turkey gizzard my wifes brothers sisters mom brought over.

Please try to find one person at lipscomb who has been recruited. Unless asking kids in kindergarten to come to our school is recruiting then lipscomb has done nothing wrong.

And I like trash talking but don't say lipscomb recruits b/c that its the furthest thing from the truth.

But lets talk trash about the game not about lipscomb having rich people. Dont hate them b/c they are rich. And I am not rich so dont think I am speaking as a rich person.

Edited by space21

You are rich, boy. I have seen your new car. And you live in one of the richest parts of Nashville.

Don't worry. His car isn't that great, but he is a rich snob. He walks around DL like he owns the place. Whatever, private school kids are so much better than public kids anyway, so he has an excuse.