Blackman not getting any respect

lilz3223

Why is a team that won 20 plus games last year and has 3 returning starters still not getting any respect. They have blown their first 2 opponents out the gym and had a pretty good preseason. They gave Giles County a run for thier money. Blackman only lost by 5. Please give your comments about that.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think blackman gets plenty of respect, infact i think this years blaze team is overrated. Blackman is still a good team but in some polls i have seen them ranked number 1 in district 7AAA. In my opinion they are a top 4 team in that district, with Riverdale number 1 and blackman ,oakland, and lebanon rounding out the top four in any order. Outside of Price, Lee, and Phillips this team just does not have much talent. Absolutely no post or substitutes from the bench.

First of all i would like to point out that kris lee, david price, and z are better than average b-ball players. They have started 3 of the 4 years blackman has been eligible for competition. Riverdale might have only lost 1 senior, but i think Blackman has the edge when it come to experience. with that being said we only lost Will Redding, Nathan Stephens, and Dennis Hernsberger. I think blackman is the best team in district 7 and one of the top competetors in the region and state.

Go Blaze!!!!!!!!

Guest Oakland

i guarantee you that blackman has respect among teams in middle tn, to say otherwise is just foolish. i do agree with the fact that outside of price,lee,and isaiah, they do seem rather average and seem to lack depth, which could do them in against oakland or riverdale, especially if any of the big 3 gets in foul trouble. oakland has always seemed to get the better of price so it will be interesting to see if he can break the curse this year. the one knock on blackman is they always seem to struggle middle through the late part of the regular season, but they always seem to have it together by the postseason time. plainly stated, this will be a very interesting year in district 7, with riverdale,oakland,blackman,and lebanon all having great shots at top honors in district 7

With Price, Lee, and Z being blackmans only 3 players and them not having any bench or any post I have one question.....What will blackman do now with there only decent post John Marc Stevens being out with and ankle injury he suffered in pregame warmups, yes that is correct i said warmups....They will not be able to match up with Riverdales post players Jerry Onwu or Chris Perkins or the top two subs for that matter.... and yes their big 3 guards are good but other than them they have no one...Riverdale is very deep in the guard department and have 5 to 7 guards that can play...

Edited by hs sports fan

Ok John Marc will be out only for this upcoming week and that is against Lavergne and Siegel and he might be back for Siegel. I mean really you call the people comming off the bench for riverdale experienced and can play??? The best one comming off the bench is Ryan Denney and he is garbage. Labrian yes is one of the best players in state and riverdale does have a good inside game. But you get Labrian in foul troulbe as he TENDS to do......they will be in big trouble because no one else on the court will step up if he goes down!!!! That is what is going to be Riverdales problem..if Labrian has a bad game riverdale looses!!! Oh yea and shuttlesworth i think that you are just a little bit sour toward blackman since they did end your high school career when you were on the BEST team in state at Cookeville!!! Always remember what your coach wrote on the board before that game SENIORS (your entire line-up) vs. SOPH (Kris Lee, Isaiah Phillips, and David Price) and i know you remember who got the best of who 2 out of 3 times that year!!!! Give them some respect

Ok first of all your wrong, Riverdale is very deep off the bench (when football gets back) at all positions. Ryan Denney is good but is probably not the best player off the bench even though he can play. Anyways i think the coach doesnt like him because he has not got many minutes so far. But I follow murfreesboro bball very closely and i do know quite a bit about Riverdale and their personell. They have got 2 very good post players in Chris Perkins and Jerry Onwu and 3 more that can play, Rahmel Oliver, Van Webb, and Andrew Barrett. And you must not have seen these guards play too many times because blackmans 3 are good but Riverdale has about 7. Labrian Lyons , Chris Harris, and Terrance Savannah are probable starters, and they have Gaston Miller, Michael Lavender, Preston Smith, and Ryan Denney all capaple of giving more than quality minutes off the bench. This is the deepest Riverdale team in recent years. I have said it before and I'll say it again, Blackman has 3 players and 3 players only and have no post what so ever, so good luck to David, Kris, and Z on trying beat Riverdale with 3 players

Edited by hs sports fan