LORETTO LADY MUSTANGS VS WAYNE CO

4MUSTANGS

CONGRATULATIONS LADY MUSTANGS ON THE FIRST OF MANY WINS THIS SEASON. JANA WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE, AND GREAT JOB GOES TO LEAH. I THINK LEAH MIGHT BE IN THE STARTING LINEUP SOON. WE WERE NOT VERY HOT FROM THE 3 PT LINE, BUT I BELIEVE LAURA WILL BE HOT AGAINST COLLINWOOD ON FRIDAY. GOOD HUSTLE, CHANNING, MERI, RACHAEL.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loretto (64) - Jana Cross 23, ? Stone 20, ? Stone 8, Birdyshaw 5, Hannah 4, ? Green 2, ? Green 2

Wayne Co. (46) - Hammock 20, Jones 7, Davenport 4, Bolitko 4, Andrews 4, Warren 3, Staggs 3, Anderson 1

Box score from "The Tennessean" I wish they would give an first initial when a team has two players with the same last name.

Loretto looks pretty good from what I've heard & read.

Great Job!! Jana Cross and Leah Stone combined for 43 points to lead the mustangs for a win. Rachel Stone, Paige Hannah, Laura Birdyshaw, Meredith Green,and Jessica Green added some timely points also. Jana Cross probably had as many rebounds as she did points, she is awesome on the boards, she boxes out great! Keep the team work rolling girls!

Great job ladies!!! As 4MuUSTANGS said, this is only the first of alot of wins we plan to get this season. The talent is HERE. Paige Hannah, Stoner, Stoner #2, Jessica Green, Birdyshaw, and ALOT OTHER GUARDS can GET YOU A BASKET WHEN YOU NEED IT. Down low, Cross, Meri DOMINATES.

GREAT JOB LADIES AND REMEMBER YOU CAN DO ANYTHING IF YOUR MIND IS SET TO IT. THE GAME STARTS OUT ALWAYS 0-0. State is in reach very much this year!

Go Mustangs

p.s.- Wassup Goldenboy

I know I've asked you this before, goldenboy, but why do you call him "Tito" - the only Tito I know is one of the Jackson Five or maybe some dictator during WWII. What's your explanation for calling him Tito. Just curious. I think you & he should put on the gloves and duke it out at half time of the girls game at Loretto. I'd like to see who's the better man - lol.

The girls did look pretty good last night but I don't think they had alot of competition as Wayne Co. looked down from their usual self. My girl Jana probably did have 20 boards to go with her 23 and had at least 6 blocks. Leah should be starting in Paige's place but as long as PH has a good relationship with the coach that won't happen. Leah looks as if she's a half a step quicker than last year and didn't force as many shots. Took what they gave her and she nailed'em. Rachael seems comfortable running the team and she definitely draws a D when she penetrates and made some good passes. Laura had a rare off night as she's usually hot when you give her open looks from deep but she'll get going hopefully Friday night. Meredith is a fav because she knows that her role is to control the boards, play serious D and pick up some points along the way. With all the shooters on the squad, she's a perfect complement.

Again, if we can get Leah plugged into a starting role and get Paige, Jessica Green (who is a good passer off the wing. You can tell that her and Jana have played together for a long time), and Channing to give us some quality minutes, we'll play late into the tourney season. Its just up to our coach not to screw things up come crunch time.

Edited by 1MustangFan