Giles vs Lewis

Twisited_Ambitions

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against Lewis County, I hear they have a great team, but they are getting Giles County 5 games into the season. They have had 2 tough losses in Alabama. They will face Spring Hill on Tuesday, which will be a blow out and a primer for the Columbia game on Friday night. I think if Lewis County had been first on the GC schedule, then Lewis County could walk away with a win from Giles County.

Nothing against Lewis County, I hear they have a great team, but they are getting Giles County 5 games into the season. They have had 2 tough losses in Alabama. They will face Spring Hill on Tuesday, which will be a blow out and a primer for the Columbia game on Friday night. I think if Lewis County had been first on the GC schedule, then Lewis County could walk away with a win from Giles County. (posted by Krogers)

I have a little something to say . Whats harder to come off of, 1 loss to a great team,or 2 games in two different nights. The main reason why I ask which is harder is that every weakness is exposed.We don't even have to be there we have fans telling us what went wrong with your team in the games,your own fans.I know everyone is tired of hearing this but ,Lewis Co. lost a good player this past year,but not our Best player, we still have alot of depth and alot of talent. Jeff Sparkman has improved greatly by going to 3 camps this summer and early school year,Luke Curfman is still the hardest working man in 2a basketball,and improves each and every day.This just may be the Lewis County team takes a district title away from Tyler Smith and Company.But the future looks a little bleak if Lewis County plays like they did against Chester. They have started to play much more as a team of late,but still have much more room for improvement. I see this Lewis County team Improving with every game , and will throughout the season.Last year we saw the same thing when th Panthers went on an 11 game winning streak that lifted them into second place in the district losing only to Giles.

The other thing I want to do ont the message board is give a wake up call to the Lewis County Student/ Cheering section: WAKE UP< you are dead out there!The only bit of life there was in the Wayne County game was the Wayne fans, they fired us up,when a coach kicks a point gaurd for falling on him after diving for a loose ball recieves a Technical and the Fans BOO the refs for calling it.Those are some fired up fans! We need the same supprt everyone else we have played recieves. We Desperately need some support, BRING OUT THE TERRIBLE TOWELS if you please.The last thing I would like to say , for all those criticizing Coach Johnson. You should stop and realize what a great coach and man he really is.

Good Luck Panthers , and Lets Go Terrible Towels!!!!

P.S. NO ONE KNOWS MY NAME

well lewis co is ok but they need some of the guards to get the ball downlow.obviously this is lc's strongest aspect.for the guards slow it up a bit and be more confident with you shots,especially adam at the park u can light it up in practice i hear u never miss but in games its the opposite.get some confidence you can shoot the lights out and you're a major part of the team.Sparkman it seems to me that you've gotten bigger and better but you still need to get some confidence you have so much potential.Devon your job is not to shoot every time shoot it when you're open but dont force it.dustin shoot the open shot and take it to the rack.

Goldenboy,

If you happen to read this, BobbyBrewer11 is right. Even when I played there was a noticable difference in the student sections. I mean c'mon Giles Co. has one and they are awesome. You can't tell me a LOUD student section doesn't make a difference in a game. In the district championship they were louder than I've ever heard them, sure Giles beat us pretty bad but the student section had some to do with it. I mean I couldn't hear any plays that were being called. So lets bring the Terrible Towels back. Lewis Co. needs to be supported. I'm down for a student section if we can get one together.

We had a talk about this last night and the terrible towels have been retired, at least for the time being. Wadata is right, last year the student section was lead by Phat J, LaRue, Henley, myself and a few others who I'm forgetting. Us 4 still go to the majority of the games but its not really that fun anymore since we're not students as Henley was quoted as saying last night "We've gotta grow up sometime." lol When I went to the Hampshire game there were only about 15 students there and it was a home game, last year we had at least 15 at every away game. We're sort of working on a little project right now though called the "Moccassin Maniacs" (I named it that, we change that if you don't like it J and Mad Dawg) if we can just get a few more people in on it. ;)

yes it is official the "moccassin maniax" will be making the long journey to the loretto reservation (tha barn) 2 of us "maniax" (me and pimpin' page) will be sporting tha moccassins, as for the other 2 (mudnuts and j-rome) they are uncertain as to whether they will be sporting tha moccassins, i guess we'll have to wait and see.