Loretto Defeats Lewis County

score3

Loretto defeated Lewis County tonight by a final of 52-50. The game was won on 2 Jana Cross free-throws that were beautiful. Loretto led by 13 in the second quarter at one point, and answered ALL questions of if they would be ready. Great coaching also by the coaching staff. Great game to both teams. Loretto improves to 3-0 while Lewis County falls to 4-1.

Points for Loretto:

Laura Birdyshaw 1

Jana Cross 23

Channing Franklin 1

Jessica Green 7

Paige Hannah 4

Rachael Stone 13

Leah Stone 3

Points for Lewis County:

Casey Anderson 7

Delicia Brugmann 15

Mallory Clayton 2

Nicole Duncan 12

Britni Tenison 14

Loretto-Going To State Baby!!!

Edited by score3

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you had a real barn burner down there score3. Congratulations Loretto and especially Jana Cross on the 23 pts. and game-winning FT's. Condolences to Lewis Co., but remember to season is young and Loretto has to come to your place down the road. Good to see Loretto's Rachel Stone with 13 and Lewis Co.'s Delicia Brugmann with 15. Both of these teams will be tough for any opponents in the district.

How about those awesome refs tonight? They didn't miss a call did they, I mean they even called a foul on us because I was smiling too much. lol Both teams played hard and deserved to win. But I think the refs sort of decided the outcome of this game or at least helped it a lot. You should hear the jams Tito plays PageMan. lol He played some pretty good music and I thought the Chicago Bulls were playing with the introduction he did. I would also like to add that Ms. Hannah from Loretto was looking mighty nice as usual. :rolleyes:

Edited by goldenboy

Great game between two really good teams.Some stats to take note of when thinking about tonight's game.........Lewis shot 9-32 in the 1st half and was down by 12 or so at the half. Shot 11-22 in the second half and lost by two. Not sure on the decision to go for a shot instead of holding for the last one. Anyways a great game all around. Last foul should not have been called. You don't call those kinds of nit picky fouls to decide the game on it. Awesome game Jana and good luck to Loretto. Lewis.....you have a great team and will be fine this year. Get Britni healthy and your gonna make some noise down the stretch.

How tall is the center off lchs panthers? lol... 6'4 - 6'5? wow... If not for her being able to hinder the inside I do believe this game to be a blowout for loretto... I hope she's a senior.. lol :rolleyes: Great game between 2 good teams! And for heaven's sake.. Don't let those refs, especially the female one, back into LHS again... Terrible... And the bad thing was... As horrible as they were, it even got worse for the boys game... Oh.. and whoever said that the lewis co. boys team could possibly pull an upset against GCHS is without! They won't come w/in 20 pts... well.. maybe 19 :)

Nicole, #44, is a 6'2 sophomore. Her shot was a bit off last night but she'll get it down soon just like she did last year. Those refs were just horrible, both ways and that female one doesn't deserve to ever watch a basketball game ever again. I forgot to mention that awesome half court shot that Casey made right before halftime. That was possibly the coolest shot I've ever seen. :D

Edited by goldenboy

i can't believe of all the games i was unable to go to this would be the one that would be the closest.i was not able to go due to my dad working out of town this week and he said that i needed to be home since he is out of town. :D . i wish that i would have been there to see casey make that shot,i bet duvall was proud. :D

I agree with you 100% fasteddie , But I believe LC was up by one with 1:30 left when #20 very unwisely attempted to shoot a three pointer, which was an air ball. Thus giving Loretto the ball and the lead, which led to there victory. Great Game to both teams.