Division 2 Champs

ctownballa

I think Nick would have a slight edge over Manley, but I doubt Manley will get that high or Nick will get that low. Another Marable/Scott match would be too close to call. I don't think that the score of the championship match last year was a good indicator of the difference between their abilities. I'm not brave (stupid) enough to think that I know who would win. I hope we get to see a rematch though.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Scott v Marable goes, Scott had the edge in the state tourney last year. He had already had the experience of performing on such a large stage as the state finals and in that high pressure situation. To say the least, Marable has gained that experience in the finals last year and in Fargo, 24 mats on a football field and wrestling for a national championship. Yeah yeah, I know that Scott also was in Fargo, but the finals is a different story. Both Marabel and Scott have worked hard to improve their wrestling over the spring and summer the last couple of years. Yeah yeah, I know Marabale's win was in Cadets and some people will try to discount that. They are sadly mistaken that it takes anything away from the level he had to wrestle to accomplish that goal. All I know is that will be one incredible matchup of it they are in the same weight class. The only time it can happen is at state duals or state.

Edited by CoachDelgado

CBHS never "pulled out" of the McCallie Invitational. We made a decision last year not to return and to try something different. McCallie was informed of this a long time ago. The format of the tournament was not conducive for our team. To travel that far (six hours) and have half of out team eliminated before the tournament officially began and sitting in the stands for two days is a waste, as well as the incredible expense to go that far. We have chosen to try, this year, the Cape Girardeau, MO tournament in which all the kids are guaranteed 4 matches (and possibly up to nine) against quality Missouri competition as well as the shorter distance (3 hours) just made more sense. This is not a slight towards the McCallie tournament, which is a great, very competitive tournament. We, well I, just decided to do what was best for the team as a whole. So, to answer your question, yes, the only place that this will happen is at the State Duals or State Individual.

I certainly do not want to give anyone the impression that we are avoiding competition since we are going to dual Bradley, Collins Hill, Brother Martin, Ringgold, Cardinal Gibbons, Park Hill, MO, just to name a few.

Chris Lewis

Edited by papbear3

That is strange that CBHS is not going to be at the Father Ryan Invitational or McCallie this year. What is the deal with that? Have they ever missed the Father Ryan Invitational? Could it be that CBHS does not want the McCallie staff to see some of their wrestlers before the state tournament?

papabear,

What you explained in an earlier post was why you decided to not participate in the McCallie Invitational, you never said anything about the Father Ryan Invitational. Jose was the person that said you were not going to be at Ryan.

"You can run but you can't hide"

Edited by cbg

Hey cbg the tour. we are going to is a lot better then the father Ryan tour, and why does it matter were we go nobody ever talks bad about Bradley for not wrestling in the state. By the way we are not hinding anything from Mccallie, nick and scott wrestled together all summer they have nothing to hind from each other so quit talking about stuff you know nothing about.