Pool A

McEachern 48, Centennial 20

Collins Hill 60, Pope 7

Pool B

Walton 41, Starr's Mill 19

McCallie 48, Lee County 30

Round 3

Pool A

Collins Hill 32, McEachern 32 (Collins Hill wins on criteria)

Centennial 43, Pope 26

Pool B

McCallie 46, Walton 30

Starr's Mills vs. Lee County

Collins Hill wins pool A 3-0

McCallie wins pool B 2-1 (three-way tie, McCallie advances on criteria)

Round 4

1st place match - Collins Hill 44, McCallie 34

3rd place match - McEachern 39, Walton 26

5th place match - Centennial 44(?), Starrs Mill 25(?)

7th place match - Lee County vs. Pope

Karelin I think you might be mistaken. The match lasted less than 30 seconds and was 0 - 0 before Manley was taken down to his back. Yes, Spencer made a mistake, got caught and pinned quickly, but Nick was expecting the the front headlock and basically countered it and put him on his back.

I and about everyone else expected a great match, and was surprised it ended so quickly. Please don't slight Nick. Nick has only lost one match since Spencer beat him in the McCallie tournament last year. That includes beating John Lane 13 - 5 and winning the NHSCA Nationals this year. His lone loss was in the finals of the summer nationals this summer.

Nick Lukacs is an outstanding wrestler and maybe the best 145 in the Southeast. At least that's what the recruiters think.

I also in no way mean to slight Spencer; he is a stud.

Edited by RMC

hey RMC any chance we can get Nick and Lane together this year? or are they going to have to wait until high school nationals. will you guys be at McEachern for the Duals Jan. 3rd? hope so! that may be our chance to let these two have a rematch and see if things may be a little different. what do you think?

I don't think they'll see each other until after the season. We'll be at our area duals on Jan. 3rd. over at Parkview.

I've seen John on a couple occasions and that's one of the best wrestlers I have ever seen. I thought he deserved the OW award at last year's McCallie tournament. I saw him at the Southern Open and he looks that much better.

We normally do the McCallie tournament, but we'll be at the Tiger Invitational in Chapel Hill, NC. this year. I understand Great Bridge will be there so it should be tough.

I almost forgot, Nick is at 145 this year. Another guy that we have that's had some great matches with another Soddy-Daisy kid is Tyler Parker. He's had some outstanding matches with Kyle James over the last 2 years.

Looks like you've got another good one in the making with Roberson that's in the 9th grade.

Good luck to SD this year.