Heavyweight battle Jan 9th in JacksonCo.

UCSportsFan

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7AA is right about who will win. It's who wants it the most and plays their hearts out. Subbing for LA to frequently has gotten them down in the early portions of the previous games. I not one to doubt the tatics of a coach but I've seen and been around basketball alot and you don't get a 9-10 point lead and take your starters out. So this isn't going to be alot about the players it'll deal alot with the coaching of both teams.

I think this game depends not on Hensley or Beechboard, but on how well everyone else performs. :) You just can't depend on one girl to do all of the scoring, everyone has to do their part.

You're exactly right. This is a team sport not a solo sport. Beechboard and Hensley will play a huge role for both teams during the game and rest of the season. Both teams has players that can step up at anytime and they have proven this before.

I agree, if Thompson continues to play like she's been playing, Baltimore continues to play excellent defense and steps it up a little on offense, and Thurman stays in the game and plays up to her potential, LA can definitley handle anybody they're gonna come across this season, including Jackson Co. Did anybody catch the Tennessean mid-state top 10 this morning??? They finally ranked LA over Jackson Co...GO LADY CATS!!!

Just a few facts on how district 7AA maybe the best district in the state.

Since 1988 district 7AA has represented the state championship every year but 3. 1988,1991,1997.

Jackson Co has played in the Championship 5 years running.

Livingston played Jackson Co. in 1999 for the championship

Jackson Co. played Upperman 2 years back to back

Which all three teams are from District 7AA

I know that since 1990 District 7AA has at least 7 Gold Balls in the trophy case maybe more along with 5 Silver Balls if not more.

LA- 3 Gold 2 Silver

JC- 4 Gold 1 Silver

Upperman- 2 Silver

I think these were some pretty good facts on how tough it is to play in the District 7AA.

If anyone else has some interesting facts post them on here I would like to know!

Edited by 02Wildcat