info in some teams

orphans

I was wondering if someone could give me some info on Bartlett, Harding Academy, and Rossville Christian Academy? The host team Centralia is playing Rossville in the opening round! Our paper had Rossville as 13-1 on the year is that a typo? Also last-minute replacement team from Springfield Tennessee? Thanks.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if someone could give me some info on Bartlett, Harding Academy, and Rossville Christian Academy? The host team Centralia is playing Rossville in the opening round! Our paper had Rossville as 13-1 on the year is that a typo? Also last-minute replacement team from Springfield Tennessee? Thanks.

Rossville probably hasn't played anybody. It's a very small school, and their best player ever washed out at a D-II school. Especially with your officiating, I wouldn't worry about them. :rolleyes:

Harding's solid but not great, same with Bartlett. Bartlett beat Harding head to head...Bartlett's 6-4, but two of the four losses came without their best player, a 6-4 wing named Jaycen Herring.

Harding's struggled, but they've played a relatively tough schedule and have been in pretty much every game.

Oh yeah...I had a chance to see Belleville West and O'Fallon play at Thanksgiving (I'm originally from Belleville and was up there to see family). West should win the tournament and could go a ways in the state. All they lack is a good big man.

Didn't O'Fallon's best player transfer to Belleville West? I'm with Opperman, from what I think, Belleville has the best chance to go all the way.

Harding is playing Marist in the first round. Marist is 8-0 and winning by an average of about 30 points agaist quality opponets. Roger Stieg was not too kind putting Harding v. them in the first round and then playing Rossville or Centralia.

The TSSAA is not too happy with Centralia inviting Rossville. Here is what was said by the TSSAA in the sanctioning form, "TN-Can participate against member schools only. Rossville Academy is a non-member school but we would approve our schools to play them. They are approved by SACs and are a category 2 approved by TN State Dept. of Education." I am not totally sure about Rossville's record. I know they lost to Briarcrest by 8 (if i remember correctly). I am predicting Rossville to lose to Centralia by 30-40 points. Briarcrest is the best team Rossville has played. Harding would beat them by about 10 and Marist by 40-50 points.

Didn't O'Fallon's best player transfer to Belleville West? I'm with Opperman, from what I think, Belleville has the best chance to go all the way.

Harding is playing Marist in the first round. Marist is 8-0 and winning by an average of about 30 points agaist quality opponets. Roger Stieg was not too kind putting Harding v. them in the first round and then playing Rossville or Centralia.

The TSSAA is not too happy with Centralia inviting Rossville. Here is what was said by the TSSAA in the sanctioning form, "TN-Can participate against member schools only. Rossville Academy is a non-member school but we would approve our schools to play them. They are approved by SACs and are a category 2 approved by TN State Dept. of Education." I am not totally sure about Rossville's record. I know they lost to Briarcrest by 8 (if i remember correctly). I am predicting Rossville to lose to Centralia by 30-40 points. Briarcrest is the best team Rossville has played. Harding would beat them by about 10 and Marist by 40-50 points.

Yeah, that's Purdue-bound Xavier Price. He's really good, but I'm not sure he's clearly the best player on the team. West is just *LOADED* this year. That said, I'd love to lose to them...means we get four games and made it to the finals. ;)

Opperman have you heard of Kevin Lisch from Belleville Alltoff? West only beat Alltoff by 2, 70-68 at West the night after the Ofallon game. Lisch is the best player in southern illinois and only a jr. Thanks for info! If you need info on any Illinois teams or updates on them just let me know

Opperman have you heard of Kevin Lisch from Belleville Alltoff? West only beat Alltoff by 2, 70-68 at West the night after the Ofallon game. Lisch is the best player in southern illinois and only a jr. Thanks for info! If you need info on any Illinois teams or updates on them just let me know

Is Lisch the son of the old West QB who went to Notre Dame and got Wally Pipped by Joe Montana?

I'll be there at the tournament broadcasting the games of the Memphis area teams...come by and say hey during a time out or something. I'll be one of three or four guys in bright red over there...I'll know who you're looking for if you say something about CoachT.

What radio station in memphis si that going to be on......Are you broadcasting the Harding games.......what time does Harding play MOnday?

It'll be online at http://ibn.ihigh.com or through http://www.kptr.com

Harding is scheduled to tip off at 9:15, but the tournament usually isn't on schedule by that point.

Our Monday broadcast schedule at this point:

Paducah (Kent.) Tilghman vs. Chicago Carver, 8:30 AM

Bartlett vs. O'Fallon (Ill.), 3:30 p.m.

Rossville Christian vs. Centralia (Ill.), 7:45 p.m.

Harding vs. Chicago Marist, 9:15 p.m.

I've got play-by-play for Bartlett-O'Fallon and Rossville-Centralia, I'll do color for Harding-Marist and maybe a little for Tilghman-Carver. As of right now, we *THINK* we can broadcast live. Games will be tape-delayed otherwise, but they'll be archived forever.

The Tuesday schedule:

Paducah Tilghman vs. Alton (Ill.) or Champaign (Ill.) Central, 8:30 AM or 12:30 PM

O'Fallon or Bartlett vs. Champaign (Ill.) Centennial or Springfield (Tenn.), 3:30 PM or 6:15 PM. We will be doing both of those games, no matter which Panthers team is playing in them.

Rossville against Chicago Marist or Harding, 9:15 p.m. (Rossville will not beat Centralia. Period.)

Harding vs. Centralia or Rossville, 7:45 p.m. or 9:15 p.m.

Basically, we're going to do every game played by Bartlett, Paducah Tilghman, O'Fallon, Rossville Christian, and Harding. I'll try to keep this updated.

Bartlett lost 50-49 to O'Fallon in the best game I've seen in quite a while. Bartlett had a four-point play with six seconds left to take a 49-47 lead, and O'Fallon's 6-5, 250-ish post hit a 30-foot three at the buzzer for the 50-49 win.

As of right now, Springfield is getting blasted by Champaign Centennial, so it looks like Bartlett will play Springfield tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. O'Fallon is a very good team, and that was just a tremendous game. It's cliche and I hate it, but neither team deserved to lose in that game.