info in some teams

orphans

We'll be skipping the Paducah Tilghman game, I wasn't going regardless. :D

Tuesday's broadcast schedule:

Bartlett vs. Springfield, 3:30 p.m. Springfield goes home. (A little arrogant? Maybe. But this'll be a 49-30 type game, Springfield simply won't score on Bartlett)

O'Fallon (Ill.) vs. Champaign (Ill.) Centennial, 6:15 - this should be a good one

Rossville Christian vs. Harding, 9:15. Rossville goes home. Rossville-Springfield would be interesting with all the bad shots that would be taken. But they won't play.

The good news: Tennessee will have a consolation finalist. The bad news: two will go home tomorrow, the third Wednesday morning at 10.

And as I expected, Belleville West looked like the cream of the crop. They could play with White Station, but they'd lose by 15 or so.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaycen Herring flat-out dominated today, scoring 32 en route to a 67-49 Bartlett win over Springfield. Bartlett was awful the first half, but they played very well in the second half, outscoring Springfield 46-25. Herring had 21 in the second half, including three dunks...one monster two-handed jam for a three-point play.

Give me a good breakdown of Harding's game last night against Marist? And how do they shape up against Rossville....... One more thing, Did Greg Hardy play?

Hardy was in foul trouble. Marist has a good team with several pretty good 6-5 guys. They're getting killed right now by Centralia, but that happens here.

They're a pretty good team. Harding had their chances, but they rimmed out a few shots too many. It was a closer game than the 59-47 score.

Harding should beat Rossville fairly easily. Rossville's not awful, but they're not disciplined enough to beat Harding. They're basically just a less-athletic city team.

Harding didn't hit a friggin shot all day. 19-55 for the game, 7-33 for the second half and OT. Even worse, Greg Hardy was 5-18 at the free throw line. If Harding has anything better than what may have been the worst shooting night in school history, they win this game by double digits.

If there's any positives to take from this, I think Hardy realizes the importance of free throw shooting.

Thank you.... Can maybe sometime if your not busy broadcasting give me some stats from there? From what I hear the crowd messes with the refs there and makes most of the calls go Centrailias way, but I hear the atmosphere is electric and a packed hosue for every game.......

Umm...honestly, it's really, really hard to describe the atmosphere. The gym is 66 years old and officially seats 2800, seats about 2200 comfortably, and they've had as much as 3800 here.

You know how kids have grown up wanting to be a Memphis Tiger or a Tennessee Volunteer? Well, it ain't like that in Centralia. All they care about is being a Centralia Orphan.

It's just an unbelievable atmosphere and a gym that's similar to Hoosiers, but it's unique. Best home court you'll ever see.

I brought my digital camera, I'll take some pictures and find a site to put them on...maybe I'll put them on here under a Bartlett game or something.

But do yourself a favor. If Harding comes up here again, come up, even if it's just for one night. Watch Harding and cheer for them, stick around to see Centralia play, and then head on home or stay for the tournament. You won't regret it.

What happened????? Harding's website said they lost 43-42. Is this really true?

They couldn't shoot at all. But even then, if Greg Hardy is *ANY* good at the free throw line, they still win. 5-18 is pathetic.

Rossville's better than you probably think, though. They've got a lot of guys who can shoot.

First, thanks to everyone at Centralia for everything they did to help...great tournament, great atmosphere, I love it.

Belleville West won the tournament, like I expected, and they did it without really being challenged much.

Congratulations to Bartlett senior guard Jaycen Herring for being named first-team All-Tournament. He averaged 22.8 points per game for the tournament, and IIRC, he was the tourney's second leading scorer. He was the only player from the consolation bracket to make the all-tournament team.