Sycamore

wurd up

If Waverly plays the way they did tonight against Harpeth they will handle Sycamore. Waverly had Harpeth down 16 most of the game (should have been more) and dominated throughout. Ralston finished with 21pts, 10 reb, 10 asst. Good to see Sycamore playing better here lately, Coach Jones does a good job with them.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like this is going to be a good game! I havent seen Waverly play it sounds like they are good again this year, Harpeth is no push over. What happened during that game to give Waverly such an edge?

I wouldn't put Sycamore out just yet. The score tonight does not justify the ball that they are playing! The jv played probably more than half of the game. I didn't know it was legal to hit so many three pointers in a row :D Our leading scorer didn't even get to see much action because of the double/triple team. I WILL make the trip to Waverly to see this one. My (partial) vote goes to Sycamore.

Wurd Up

Harpeth could not stop Ralston at all as he did whatever he wanted. They tried Sal and Dansby both on him and he still did whatever he wanted. He was in total control of the game. Waverly also got a big performance from post player Ryan Hollis inside (19 points & 10 boards). Just bad matchups all around for Harpeth trying to guard Waverly. Waverly has been inconsistent thus far this year with a tendency to play at the level of our opponents. However, when the Tigers are clicking...watch out. My prediction is Waverly by double digits.

Edited by swamptiger

That is a pretty bold prediction my man. Especially with the way Sycamore has been playin ball lately. The hung with Maplewood, a team that beat one of the best in the state. So I would suggest that you reconsidered."Waverly has been inconsistent thus far this year with a tendency to play at the level of our opponents."<-So what happened against Cheatham County? Cheatham is a good team, and they dominated Waverly? My prediction for the game friday night is Sycamore by 6. Very good, close game.

Edited by IheartWurdUp!!

I think it will be a close game friday. Sycamore has always stuggled with waverly in the REGULAR SEASON(we remeber last year at M.C.) NO doubt sycamore is improving with every game the play,thus my conclusion it will be close. With the play of Dustin Watts(peebop) Austin Lohin(pre-pubescent teen) Brian Bullard (cholsterol) and the additonal players they will be hard to stop. I also havent seen coach vic do his lil "weepin willow" expression in a while,and that can only mean one thin for sycamore.....there doin good!!!! Good to see u fans all on the same page since they r finally winning( what took u "real" fans so long) :justwrestle: Good luck to sycamore as the travel to waverly! Bring home a W boys.

Interesting post...

I'm glad you remember, it was our pleasure. As long as "peebop" doesn't move and "cholstoral" doesn't throw the ball away during the press we will be ok. Lohin (Fr. that plays like a Sr.) has really helped out this year. There really hasn't been a huge standout player all year, Pierce with around 30ppg is leading. This is a team thang. As to our fans... the "real" fans have been here the whole time. The Sycamore social club just jumped (more like sat down) on the bandwagon acouple of games ago. Thanks for the luck, maybe we won't need it :justwrestle:

Good post.....both wurd up and pippy.seems u guys r real fans. Sycamore will have their hands full with waverly as they always do,but i think in the end whoever plays like a team the most will win. I think waverly may have a problem with that concept. i wanna comend austin lohin with the wonderful job he is doin.....along with the rest of the team. good luck

Logan does have a very high scoring percent. I asked someone on the basketball team about logan's points during the Fairview game. (i had to leave early) I guess that information wasn't near correct, that is why I have erased this post. <_<

Edited by wurd up

Logan scored 11 against Fairveiw, who are you trying to fool? As I stated before, I like Logan alot, but let's not put him up there with Jamont Gordon, Tyler Smith, and Corey Brewer. I am fully aware that he has put up some good numbers, it should be obvious that I keep up with this stuff if I have him for 11, (official score) and you credited him with 27 in a game he played such a short period of time. Obviously I don't go to school with him as you do or did, but I know what's going on in high schoool basketball, it's my job!