Farragut vs. Maryville

Hoops4ever

That was deffintley not a block. Tim had the ball above the rim and in the circle when gaskin touched it. I was right there and had a clear view. It should have been goaltending and farragut would have been down by 2 with a minute left. Neither team really showed up to play. If farragut would have showed up to play they could have pulled off the win. It seemed like none of their shots were falling. I think this is a wake up call and the boys will be ready for the tough games coming up in thier schedule.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, yes acording to the AP poll we were #2 in the state last year, and after tonights game I dont think Farragt should be anywhere near the top.They cant handle pressure for anything. And also, that was a definte block, sad, but true, when tim was trying to lay it over the rim Gaskin knocked it away, it was real cute to see the class ofthe admirals as they put two cheap shots on Gaskin after that, Farragut wont make it outta the region, there was not a leader on the floor for them, go Rebs, got Bearden comin up.

Farragut doesn't rely on Greg to make the outside shot. In fact this has probably been his worst shooting year that I have seen. What Farragut does rely on Greg for is his point guard abilities. Since the only true point guard the Admirals have doesn't see tremendous amounts of playing time Greg has to run the point, but when he comes out, you can see that the team struggles without him.

But I agree with you Beachvol, I don't see Farragut going much farther than the region. Even though they should be able to with as much talent as they have on the team.

Why didn't Tim just dunk it???

dont know why tim didn't dunk it i think if he had gone to the rim strong for a dunk the block wouldn't have occurred or he would've gotten a foul because Gaskin would've had to hit the back of his hand...even at that, the Admirals didn't look like they came to play at all! They need to realize that they have to show up for everygame, because if they do this again, it will be the same result, a loss. Maryville just played better simple as that - Gaskin and Tipton didn't have amazing games but they did what they had to to get the win and that's all that matters - But this should be the last people talk about this game because each team has a tough schedule ahead and it's a long season, anything can happen! It would be a great region championship game...but it's too early to say anything about that