TO: Glyndon and Krogers (GILES CO)

Ump

Although throwing oops from half court can be very entertaining to the fans and I like it myself, I think that repeating as state champions will require Giles to play good half court defense and offense. Good teams will handle pressure which will make the half court game very important if you make it deep into the tournament. It just my opinion that Holt gives Giles the best chance to win in a half court game. However, it will take both Holt and Coffey plaing at thier best along with the rest of the players doing thier jobs for Giles to be able to raise the gold ball when the final horn goes off.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ump, first let me start off by saying if you really knew what you were talking about you wouldn't of personally attacked me the way you did. Ask me a question and I will answer you. I am just talking about facts and how Giles county could be better. You asked the question how many times other point guards have outscored Holt and they have still won? At least five but my point is Giles County could put a freshman at point guard and they still will win 20 plus games. I am talking about the best line up to beat a Bolivar or Raleigh Egypt team. Willie Kemp will dismantle Zach Holt on both ends. Coffey or Givens match up better when guarding Kemp.

I attacked you guys beacuse that is what you done to Zach Holt. You have not seen me come in here and attack anybody about thier opinions about any subject. All I ask is that when you decide to be critical about players from Giles County dont single out one player because the last time I checked it took a team to win against quality teams. Your B-Team could beat some of the teams in your district but they are teams that you must play. Im sure Holt will make mistakes and have nights where he wished he would have done better. The same should be said for the other players on the team. I just rarely see you guys get on here and bash other players on the team. If I am wrong then I'm sorry but I dont think I'M wrong in this case. Good Luck Tuesday vs BA.

Ump...that is fair enough; however, if you would look at other threads, you would see that I give praise to Giles County players including Zach Holt. On the other hand, I do often criticize their game. For instance, when Justin Morris was slouching on the boards...I pointed that out. When Tyler Smith slacked on defense and was snowbirding all the time...I commented on that. My opinions are just that...my opinions. I don't see any one player getting criticized any more than another player. In fact, if you will go back to the beginning of the season, there was an entire thread complimenting Zach Holt on his game against Lawrence County. I was one of the first to post on that thread about how well Zach played. It just seems that he is slacking a little bit, maybe because he is getting bored playing these weak district teams, but that is no excuse not to give your all. Until he plays ball the way he did those first 3 or 4 games, Coffey is my man...why wouldn't he be...he can do it all.

yes court vision is very important part of being a point guard, also controlling the offense and getting everyone invovled around you. And knowing who is hot and and getting the ball to them. And willie kemp is DA MAN WITH IT ALL. And whats so scary, is he is only a 10th grader.But Again Zack is a good player! Glad he is on our side!!

Ump, you must be related to Zach Holt because it is hard for you to handle the truth. Did me and Krogers hit a sensative or insecure spot when we gave our opinion? Zach is a great kid and might have a great attitude but thats not what we are debating here. I am talking about the line up that gives Giles County the best chance of winning. You can call me a clown or whatever childish things you want but the truth of the matter is I could take you to school on the game of basketball. What was Lincoln County's record last year? Wasn't Zach Holt the point guard? Ump, you seem to back off when nobody took your side in the earlier posts could you be...... no it can't be....... but maybe ..... wrong!

I think he blew his knee out near the mid-point of last year. That also goes back to the point that I made that he is not from Giles and thats why is are saying what you are. Who cares the cream will always rise to the top just sit back and watch.

Ump, you make no sense and are starting to look real foolish on this post so I am going to back off because this topic is getting old! Do me a favor next time when grown folks are talking show them some respect before trying to highlight them all over a post. That only comes back to haunt you and makes you look stupid, but the cream of the crop does always rise Ump, just like what you said!