Riverdale Coach

MrWonderfull

After reading the previous posts on this board and doing some self guided research about the girls basketball coach at Riverdale High School, I can't help but post my oppinion on the subject. I know this board is meant to be a positive one, but sometimes being positive needs to be 1-uped by things such as integrity and humility, especially in the public education setting.

I know Coach Burt personally, and it shocks me about his recent actions. To knowingly publish an inflated record made up of non varsity TSSAA wins is very deceptive. It is as if Coach Burt is so eager to be mentioned among the top names in coaching he is willing to step on the backs of those who made coaching girls basketball a great job. I also did some checking about the ejection at the Port St. Lucy Tournament in Florida - it is very funny to me that nothing was made of it and it wasn't reported from anyone to TSSAA from Riverdale High School. Honesty is still a virtue at most all high schools, but obviously not in the office of Coach Burt.

All of this might be viewed as minor, but if a public educator is willing to openly decieve a magazine and its readers for personal gain, then where does the deception stop and at what point is Coach Burt willing to go to make himself look better. Just a small piece of advice to Coach Burt and other young coaches looking to or breaking in the coaching buisness - Work hard enough to EARN your victories, be victorious, teach as hard as you can to help change lives, then you won't have to pat yourself on the back - there will be 100's of kids there to do it for you.

I've won a few more games on Playstation 2 NCAA basketball....can I post these on my overall record.....how about rec league games in college? A few words of advice to all...don't self promote, thinks kids first, coach with passion for the kids and you will eventually be successful....or slap a nike charm on your lapel, post a a website and beg for attention.

Just 2 cents, nothing more