Ooltewah Dominance?

LuckyDay

Ever since the basketball season started, the readers of these boards have had to endure the bragging and trash talk of the Owl faithful. Well, maybe we can get a break from some of that now. The "dominance" that they talk about has been against teams from much smaller classes (AA and A), but they sure have beaten them! As a matter of fact, 6 of their first 14 games have been against the following:

Grundy County (AA won by 43)

Walker Valley (AA won by 5)

East Ridge (AA won by 16)

Tellico Plains (AA won by 44)

Temple (A won by 15)

Loudon (AA won by 8)

Listen, Ooltewah has a very good team. I saw that last night when they lost to a great Chattanooga Central team. The problem is, that their fans seem to talk too much about how "dominant" they are and haven't played that tough of competition.

Owl fans, when you beat the likes of Cleveland, Central, or Bradley you will have a reason to talk about how good you are.

I was at the game last night. Congrats to both teams and fans for maintaining good support and good sportsmanship. And , wow what a nice new facility.

Good luck to both teams the remainder of the season.

Edited by LuckyDay

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen LuckyDay all the Ooltewah Owls are doing is having fun and the way we have fun is talking trash about other people. It is just the way we are and if it bothers you this much then you just don't need to say anything. We are so sorry we offended you this much. Get Over It.

Lucky, As much as I butt heads sometimes with some of the very people you are talking about, I agree with BCS. You said your first post, so why come back asking where we are. That is only asking for a conflict on here. Your point is taken, so that should be enough from you.

By the way, thanks for the compliment on the new facility.

if you were at the game then you know that central had to hang on to win... merriman fouled guys at least 5 times in which his foul was credited to another player just to keep him in the game...Ooltewah seems to be the only team in the area where they get worse officiating at home than on the road... good game Central deserved the win just because they hit their free throws while ooltewah couldn't throw the ball in an ocean...

Look, ooltewah has no reason to defend themselves to a guy that is still soar over a loss that the owls pinned on his team at their own gym. You are really making a bad name for walker valley fans and just agging on the owl fans that love to hear you whine. Because at the end of the day, the owls beat the mustangs and that is your team. Nuf said

Actually "Speedy", I am NOT a Walker Valley fan. I guess if I were a fan of anyone, it would be Bradley since I graduated from there. As a matter of fact, I'm not an "anybody" fan. I just love high school basketball. I was a referee in the Chattanooga area for over 20 years until about 4 years ago, and I have learned to love the game and love watching good, close games. The reason that I took up for Walker Valley is that they are almost a brand new school, and they were being talked about (unnecessarily) prior AND after the Ooltewah game. I guess I was sticking up for the underdog (which I generally like to do).

For BCS and Keyplayer; Don't try to "cover up" your fans' sorry attitudes and cockiness by saying things like we're only having fun, etc. Everyone who reads the posts that you put on here knows that you're very serious when you talk about your team dominating. I'm just asking, "where's the domination"? In "A" and "AA"? BCS, I think it points out some serious problems when a person says something like "...the way we have fun is talking trash about other people. It's just the way we are". WOW! Talk about giving fans a bad name.

Hope all of you have a great day.

Look buddy, Half of the times the Ooltewah fans that do get on here and stay stuff say in a joking and comical way. That is until people like you take it so dang seriously. All the Fox thing is a big joke, they have said that before and you keep on tryin to point out how Harry didn't play good. They even said it was a joke. And that goes along with all the other things they say about owning teams and everything else. They know we are going to beat them so they add a comical side to it by saying stuff like that. You just take it way to seriously. And if you were at the game last night you would realize that Ooltewah could have won this ball game if they would hit there free throws, but they didn't which is part of the game. Ooltewah is a good team and can play with anyone you named. we lost to Cleveland on a night we shot 25% from the floor. Maybe that won't happen next time maybe it will. We they did play a pretty good ball game but still got beat last night, that doesn't mean we can't beat them. Even if a team lost every season game as long as they won in Febuary and March it doesn't matter. The only games that really count are they ones that will be played in Ooltewah Feb 23 thru March 4. Yes Central did beat the Owls but that only holds until there next meeting. And about the owls compitition they have played... Did you make the trip down Daytona Beach Florida to see the compitition down there???? Ya I didn't think so and they finished third out of a dozen teams. Find another team to try to get on.

Edited by Fanatic15

wow, luckyday, for a referee of over 20 years you sure are rather immature. attacking Ooltewah kids who weren't even born when you started reffing. as a matter of fact saying that you are that old, kinda makes me wonder if that was a lie to give yourself some form of "street cred." , for lack of a better term, in readers eyes...If your only goal in making this thread, as well the majority of your other threads, is as pathetic as to make 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds feel bad for talking trash, then your mission has failed miserably.

As someone as experienced as a person who was "a referee in the chattanooga area for over 20 years" you should know that by antagonizing high school students you will only get them riled up and defensive in which case they will, out of human nature, strike back by attacking you in kind. do yourself and everyone else on here a favor, by just not posting on anything regarding: ooltewah, ooltewah basketball, etc. All youre going to do is start more trash talking and as we all know from your posts thats exactly what you don't want. seriously im just as huge a basketball fan as you are, and therefore when i see students with as much school spirit as these ooltewah kids, it makes me realise why i love high school sports so much, their passion for their team will not go away based on a single loss(or even 3) and that is an awesome thing.

For once, someone with some clear, concise thinking. Thanks StayNskool. School spirit IS something to be proud of and, yes the Ooltewah kids seem to have that (as I mentioned and gave "kudos" to in my first post on this thread). Having school spirit and being an obnoxious kid are different though. High schoolers (particularly Jrs. and Srs.) are adults, whether they like it or not. How they act, and are allowed to act, generally frame the lifestyle they will follow in the rest of their adult lives.

Understand one thing. I admire a great student section and good support from the students. Ooltewah has both. I was simply looking forward to "talking a little trash" with the Owl Nation after the loss last night. I guess it's okay for them, but not for me?

StayNskool; Thanks for a well thought out, nicely written post. And as a matter of fact, I actually did ref in Chattanooga for 20 years, and loved almost every minute of it.

you are exactly right... a little trash talk, from students/friends of players from their schools team is perfectly acceptable. while trashtalk from an adult with life experience, who does not know the kids personally nor knows whether the kids are truly serious or just joking, is not ... im not saying there is an age limit to talking trash but there is an age limit regarding whom you talk trash to.... from the time i started life(about 20 years ago) to now is my life experience(roughly the same as how long you reffed) you would not expect me to insult toddlers(in a serious fashion) or even kids that are half my age. these kids don't necessarily know better and even if they do it is not your right to correct them. if there were a problem with what they are saying, Jim Thompson the originator of this site, would take care of it himself. i respect your right to free speach im just saying that you also have the right to not look at things you don't like(i.e. these ooltewah threads) all due respect, but didn't your mother tell you "if you don't ahve anything nice to say, don't say anythign at all"