South Fulton @ Greenfield

jvaughan

SF is not a below average team. They are a pretty good ball team.They lost for a couple of reason's last night. One was because they just didn't play defense. Clint had his way the whole night. They did do a good job on Brandon though. Another was because of the foul trouble. SF has always played hard and got fouls called on them when I don't think they should have been even trying to put pressure on but this team isn't the team they had in the past. I don't know if they can do that and still win. It just looked like to me that Greenfield wanted it more and went out and took it to SF.

Hicks isn't one of the dirtiest players but last night he was around a couple of plays that were questionable. I can remember one Clint was at half court saving a ball from going back court and he just feel down for no reason at all after the play was over and got up and flashed Hicks a look. Why would he do that if something hadn't happened? I know from playing against him that he will take the occasional shot but like I keep saying its GField and SF.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I have no idea as to the play you are talking about. Clint did tear us up and in part he ate me up the 1 quarter. I have never been ran through so many picks and our communication on defense was absolutly horrible. Vaughn I'm sure you may remember me and you taking a few shots at each other down at Dresden last year. Hahaha - its all about the rivalry between SF and GField and its fun being on the court with so much emotion between the two teams. I know there are still people in SF that can't stand Brock Porter or Jonathon McAdams as well i'm sure there are a few in GField that have a few feelings for SF players. Its a great rivarly, simple as that.

Greenfield is going to run Clint off as many screens as they can. And he did a really good job of reading the defender and going opposite of him.

Greer, me and SF people have taken a couple shots to many times to remember if me and you did but I don't doubt that we did. But I don't have any hard feelings towards a lot of yall. Last year a couple of yalls seniors (I can't remember there names) were pretty good friends but on the court it didn't matter. Friend or no friend they were from SF. True about the Brock and McAdam's comment. I think that you have to be from Greenfield to like those 2.

dynasty03, there is no doubt that you guys have a good team.

Alexander, Waggoner, and Wilson could start on almost any team in the region. You play some great defense, and looks like you have a pretty good shot. I think Hicks is a good player, but he just seems to get wrapped up in trying to do too much by himself and trying to sneak around the court. But I agree, he plays with more effort than most guys do.

Your bench isn't quite as deep as it has been in the past, but there are some guys over there that can do some things.

I feel sure we'll see you guys again in the district championship.

balla, I said they had 3 (Wilson, Alexander, and Waggoner) that could start on ALMOST any team in the region. You say they couldn't, but I disagree. Who couldn't they start for?

Dresden - Yes. At least Wilson and Alexander would start. Waggoner probably wouldn't, but it'd be close.

Gleason - Yes. I don't think an explanation is needed.

Greenfield - No. But I'd take Alexander over Galey. The other two could get some serious minutes.

Halls - I don't know, I haven't seen them to know if they could or not, but I doubt they would all be able to.

Trenton - I'd take Wilson over Trenton's point. Waggoner no, and Alexander no, but again, they could get some minutes.

Lake Co. - Again, haven't seen them, but I'd guess that they are fairly equal to anyone on Lake Co.'s team.

Bradford - Yes. All three could start.

Middle College - No idea, but I bet they could at least get serious minutes.

So, tell me again, why wouldn't they be able to start for some of these teams?

I haven't seen Lake Co. yet this year, so I won't argue that point.

Dresden - Alexander would start over one of the Morton brothers. Wilson would start over Odle and maybe even Roberson. Waggoner wouldn't necessarily start, but would see plenty of PT.

Bradford - Alexander is far better than any post player at Bradford. Wilson is better than the point guard at Bradford because he can do more than shoot and plays better defense. Waggoner is similar to all of the rest of Bradford's guys.

Middle College - Have you seen them? I haven't, so I won't argue them either.

Trenton - As I stated, Alexander wouldn't start over Avery or Doaks, but he'd be next off the bench. Waggoner would likely not see much time for Trenton. But I'd take Wilson over their current point.

Halls - Haven't seen them yet, but I figure they wouldn't. Alexander maybe.

Greenfield - Alexander over Galey. While I love Galey's heart and determination, Alexander is much more skilled and dangerous on both ends. Waggoner could get some serious minutes. Wilson would see some minutes, but wouldn't start either.