so is the monkey off the back for pioneer sports

PioneerPirate

so has RHSfinally climbed over the hump with sevier county teams. no matter what sport it is in they seem to be the dagger in their heart in every sport,from seymore to GP , to now pigeon forge. last year ir was seymore in baseballand in years past it has been GP and seymore in football,now we have to deal with pigeon.So tonight when GP COMES TO TOWN I THINK THE RHS BOYS WILL pull off the home sweep.After the pigeon win the other night with the come back and everything the pioneers are starting to peek after a small mid season slump with THE GAP and Union but both good teams. Let's see what the pioneer can do on this long home stand,can you say7-0.

Not to sure about Baseball, this is a Basketball board. You can thank Leonard Price for that game against GP in District Tourney. If you are who I think you are you will know what I'm talking about. If you are someone different, then why are you all of the sudden interested in Pioneer sports. It looks like you just joined the forum today. Anyway there is nothing that can be done about the past, we can only learn from it.

You know, it's easy to take jabs when you don't do anything.

Let's see. Rutledge's biggest win in football history was over G-P on the road in 2000. They absolutely killed them to advance to the quarterfinals where...Seymour was there to spoil it.

Seymour spoiled the best baseball season in history last year too. I was a little curious in the pitching rotation, throwing Gray against North in the Region championship and not saving him for Seymour. Rutledge could've knocked North off with Gray in center instead of on the mound.

In basketball, G-P before and now Pigeon have been spoilers for Rutledge. But during Day and Singleton's sophomore year it was Sullivan Central that put them out. Central finally started to play like they were capable.

And they shouldn't even have been up against Central if not for Leonard Price in the G-P game indeed. He and Bill Wheeler have got to be the most pitiful refs in the Morristown Association.

Let's also look at the population difference in Sevier County and Grainger County. I'd say our boys and girls do a good job representing the county.

I think the monkey thing is a little overstated. There is no monkey. :)