Define athleticism

0u812

We all know running and jumping are the main ingredients. But do you consider shooting to be one as well? Many people get confused on who are good athletes, because you have some great shooters who are not very good jumpers, etc.... and vice versa. Can anyone be taught to shoot? Can you improve your speed, vertical jump, etc. on programs and now be considered an athlete? What about ballhandling or focus, are these ingredients to being athletic? What are some of your thoughts.

As for improving your skills, yes you can. Many a running back has hit the weights,made his legs stronger and improved his speed despite carring more weight. You actually see it everyday. I see it in my son. He has always been very fast, but the older and stronger he gets the faster he has gotten. The same works for vertical leap.Make your legs stronger and you will jump higher.

Edited by Vultor

This is one of those terms that is hard to define but will all feel like we know what it means (many times it is used as a kiind of comparison term). Some of the young men and women I have referenced as being athletic would not even compare to the athleticism of a Marion Jones or a Vince Carter.

All I can tell you is what it is not because I see it every morning in the mirror.