Farragut vs. Bearden

Doc Phil

I don't know if Farragut's team is strong enough to bounce back in time to travel to Bearden and get a win after a disappointing loss to South Doyle. It seems that Farragut hasn't cared if they perform to their fullest potential or not (that's how it's looked their past few games anyway).

Edited by Doc Phil

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut just needs some people to step up besides greg gibson. As good as he is, we found out last night that one player can't win a game. Bosse and torrence need to pull in alot of rebounds and jay and huckins need to put up points, which they haven't been doing lately. If both teams play up to their ability, we should have a great game.

But what about their defense? Gibson appears to have greatly improved his offense, but his defense is still lacking. He may lead his team in steals, but that could be just playing the passing lane and not shutting down the other player. I could understand if he has 37 and his the other player has 15, but when both players go above 20 there appears to be a lack of defense somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong. Honestly.

I agree with you on that point. It seems as if though Farragut's coach is depending less on them, and more on the starting 5. If he is smart, he will stick to what won him 10 games in a row, and rotate the bench in!!

We're missing that smart thing in the coach though...maybe they should just sub-in for themselves whenever they feel like it

The starting 5 is great, but the next 3 bench players are just about with them. Dodgen needs to do a better job with subs. He just leaves some players in too long. Lets just hope Farragut doesn't get into any foul trouble.

Edited by JMo

Jmo that was one of the worst post i have read in my entire life! absolutely awful! im so sure that greg told you that he plays weak defense so he can play longer...what a joke! stop posting if you're going to make comments like that! greg definetely puts more emphasis on his offensive game, and his defense is one of the reason why he is not going anywhere in college...granted he is putting more effort into it! JMO...stop posting

A player who plays no defense is a lazy player. If a player is tired, then he needs to tell the coach that he's tired. I've played enough basketball games to know that coaches constantly ask their players if they are tired or not. If the player continues to say that he's okay when he's tired, he hurts the team. Brabson is an excellent sub for point b/c he can get the ball up the floor. Wilson is a pretty accurate shooter (not as good as Greg, but still). Wright plays, but not as much as he did last year. He is a good passer and plays both offense and defense. He hustles all the game. When a player doesn't get a foul until late in the fourth, something tells me he isn't playing defense. This makes no sense whatsoever. Individual stats don't mean anything when you lose games that you are supposed to win by 15+.

nice post basedizzle - if a player is tired there is no excuse for him to play slacking defense...if he's tired he needs to tell the coach he's tired and get him a sub - how about talking about what this thread is about...bearden-farragut! and no one listen to JMo ever again, after his last post about Gibson telling him that he gets tired and plays lazy defense because of this...i am questioning his credibility