Briarcrest vs. MUS

wtwrestler

Not sure on this one. Briarcrest did not have a lot of wrestlers at the Collierville dual. If they bring the same team that they brought to Collierville, I think MUS wins. Otherwise, it will go to whoever can fill in the most weights with halfway decent wrestlers. MUS is good at 189, 215, and 275. They have a pretty good 130 and a couple of other kids that can win. Briarcrest has a good 135, 215, 112, and some others that are very young. It could be a good dual.

Sloan Abernathy is the MUS 189. You may rememer his name. He's been wrestling for a few years. He was much lighter last year. He is more technical than most 89s, but he's not too intimidating at first sight. I think he placed 3rd at Bolton. Briarcrest will definitely have to get some of their wrestlers back if they want to compete. You said they won three matches today. Do you mean they got first at three weights at the Catholic tournament, or was it a duals tournament?

Edited by best_of_the_west

It was a dual tournament. Catholic had a some teams back out and ask if we could send a JV team over to fill in and since we had an extra date, we did. We also sent guys over to the JV City tournament at Houston. Briarcrest wrestled well and beat us, congratulations and good luck in the Region Duals next week. Coach Nutt has done a tremendous job with the Briarcrest team.

the owl rode the mustang to a close victory earlier this season and darth vadar rides his stallions against the baptist this week so i'll have a better idea then. and i'm not going to say what everyone else is thinking on this topic because it is a priviledge and honor to represent your area in state competition and it is always a good experience.