Dyer Co vs.Lake Co

mrbigster

Dyer Co and Lake Co played in a low scoring game...The game was tied 34-34 with about 3 minutes to go in the game and Antonio Mitchell hit a three..Lake Co missed and Mitchell again shot a three and it looked like it was going to bounce off the rim but it hit the front of the rim and bounced up and in..That gave Dyer Co. the lead with about 1 min.45 seconds and Lake Co had to start fouling or trying to chase the ball which led to a couple Dyer Co.layups under the basket...The big difference in the game was the inside play of Courtney Jones and the rebounding by the Choctaws...They had a lot of second chance baskets and on a couple occasions got 4 0r 5 chances....At least this was a lot better officiated game than what we had against Greenfield....Dyer Co.hit a couple shots at the end so I give them credit....

Sounds respectable. Dyer County is always pretty tough. It sounds like Lake County put up a good effort and just fell a little short. That's all you can ask.

If the score was that low, were both teams just having off-shooting nights? I know when LC gets hot, they can drop a lot of points in a hurry.

Both teams missed a lot of shots ....Dyer Co missed a lot of shots around the basket but kept getting second and third shots....Lake Co had an open man underneath the basket seveal times but either the guards didn't see them or they elected to live an die by the three....The same two players continue to carry the load for Lake Co..Jamar Mays and Tony Tyler even though they did get a littlehelp from Papa Clay...Courtney Jones carried the load for Dyer Co with 19 and Mitchell had 11 but scored the two big threes with about 3 minutes left and the game tied at 34.The officials looked like professionals compared to what both Lake Co.and Greenfield had the other night...I know you are going to miss a call every now and then but that game was the worst I believe I have ever seen and I'm 47 years old and go to games ,either Lake Co.or Dyer Co 3 or 4 nights a week,and sometimes the Lake Co.Jr.high game...By the way,one of the officals for the Dyer Co. game was the one I believe you were talking about that seems to not like Lake Co..If I'm not mistaken ,I've heard that each school can black-ball one official from not doing any of your home games and he is the one we've always picked....I'm not sure if a school can do that or not but that's what I've always heard....But that doesn't keep him from assigning himself to a game on the road that involves us...

Yeah that one official in particular, I don't guess I've ever seen him call an LC home game, but he gets us on the road an awful lot, especially when we play teams from the other district. Up here in Knoxville they don't let the assigning officers on the floor or field (as the case may be) because they would always give themselves the "big games."

This particular official gives out technical fouls left and right to Lake County coaches on a regular basis, but when his kid showed out in the district golf tournament a few years ago, he didn't do a thing. The kid shot a 76 one time when I was paired with him, by far the best score in the tournament, and he started throwing clubs. But did his dad do anything then? No. But if a LC coach questions one of his calls, he's got a quick trigger with the "T." He should stick to coaching golf.