soddy daisy basketball

MagNuM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SD high school is busting at the seams and according to the Times-Free Press the other day, more homes are being built in Soddy-Daisy than any other part of the county. I don't see alot of people trying to move into Howard's district.

The wrestling team has to use the old SD high gym because there is no were else to practice or hold matches.

Don't be suprised if coach Wood is coaching basketball at SD next year.

And speaking of Howard, they were offered a new school and turned it down! Not real bright!

The current SD team deserves recognition for continuing to show up and give it all they have. These are young guys, a jv team so to speak, playing some of the best in Chatt. These guys will be a part of a new team next year, with more talent and more athletes. Hang in there guys, it will only get better. Your experience now will mean a lot next year.

i know the whole deal. she is resigning at the end of this season. the new coach will be ron shomate. he was a college coach for utc and sw missouri state. in division 2 he took sw missouri state to the national finals but lost. the next year he took them again and won. he also won over 500 games in college basketball as head coach. he was also the coach who took utc to the sweet 16 a couple years back. so wat about that. soddy might have a really good chance next year. :P:lol:

yea thats what i thought, wish i would have had him as a coach when i and others had the chance to play. May have changed the outlook on things. If thats the case soddy will be a good team to compete with every year. Instead of 30 players trying out maybe they will have around 60 show up next year.