Heritage 68 Maryville 57

REBELRON

I thought Heritage was a great team. Cait McMahan is awesome. She can penetrate,shoot and dish the rock. The other girls for Heritage can play too. Hodge and McGinnis are very good.Heritage has good shooters on the team. They will be a handful for any team to beat. Maryville played hard. Sarah Landers played a good game. Maryville is a good team but Heritage is a great team. It would not surprise me to see Heritage make it to Murfreesboro.

Heritage has a good shot, but there are other good teams they must go through. The region tournament final four, barring an upset, should be Heritage, Powell, Oak Ridge, and Sevier County. You could roll the dice regarding who wins the championship or even makes the sub-state. Winning is particularly important because a trip to Greeneville is likely for the runner-up. Too close to call on this one.

LLK, I always thought Katy was tough. She is following in her sister's footsteps. I have said that aleast four times on CoachT's forum. She is an aggresive player..which sometimes works against her...she sometimes gets into foul trouble. But did you she the move under the boards in the second half. Best play of the nite. IMO Katy is the second best player in Blount County. Hodge is getting better every day. If the board work improves and Hodge continues, and Cait remains Cait and Katy continues, Heritage will go very far.

As far as Maryville, The post played a good game, the freshman post is the next big player from Blount county. She has got the body for playing low, she just needs some more foot work and shooting and she will be tough. The Landers girl is allowed to shoot alot (about like Humphrey)...she was 1-12 first half with 2 FT. She started to hit some second half, but I think with her missing so many first half, that set the tone for Maryville and they could not come back.