tenn.basketball

kyBomBer11

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must have been a kid talking about the 4 out of 5 thing. When someone says Kentucky..... what do you think of? BASKETBALL! Lex and Louisville sport some fine teams as does Mason Co., etc.. It goes on and on and the team play and fundamentals are better up there. I've seen plenty of it. More dedication by the masses. The two states top teams would be a splendid game I'm sure, but Ky. is the #1 basketball state in the nation, bar none! :D

not a kid bro... Kentucky may well be a better basketball state than tennessee...(California is the best overall as always so for you to say they are the "best" is idiotic) Averaging out how good the average team is there... But they don't have the extreme talent that tennessee does...... There isn't a team in kentucky that is as talented as Bradley Central or whitestation... So sorry... and here's a few names for you.... Shawne Williams, Corey Brewer, Reginald Delk, Tyler Smith, Jamont Gordon, Brandon Wright, Pierre Niles, Willie Kemp....... Choose a starting 5 from that group, and there isn't any combo of 5 kids from ky that could handle them..... Like I said, Ky may be better overall as far as percentages go, but the best from tennessee is better than that from kentucky.... If only UT could keep there talent in state instead of letting them venture out to go to college..

Edited by mas1821

This has me a little curious. I've always thought the way KY does their state tournament is cool. It always has the David vs. Goliath showdowns that our tournament sometimes lacks. The NCAA tournament is like that and I understand that the TSSAA wants to be fair and let teams win championships, but I think that does a disservice to the smaller schools in our state. I know many times in boys and girls bball that a AA team could beat any AAA team. There's something about having one champion that I like. What are your pros and cons of a one class (or no class) system?

after 20 years of tennessee high school basketball, and during those years living in Northwest tennessee and seeing many high school games in kentucky, i have concluded that:

#1. high school basketball is a religion in ky, and even so in indiana......heck, i have seen high school gyms in those states that will seat more than the largest high school football stadium in tennessee.....remember the movie blue chips? that was a high school gym in indiana, not a large college gym.....

#2. kentucky high school basketball is much more fundemental/team sport than tennessee, generally speaking......

#3. tennessee has more atheletes, especially in west tennessee.....

#4. Lexington and louisville have quite a few "White Stations"and "Bradley Centrals".......

# 5 tennessee plays more of a "up tempo" style game.......kentucky plays more of a shooting/pickett fence, pick and roll type game.....

without a doubt, kentuckians fill up those high school gyms.....and they are tuff to win in.......

but when they come to tennessee, they better be ready to run…….

I work w/ a guy that is from kentucky and has seen all of their basketball riches.... I talked him into goin to the state tourney last yr and watch whitestation and he stated that he's never seen any kentucky team (he's from Lexington) that would even keep it w/in 15 pts of them.... And they don't get intimidated by going to another site to play.... I would pick bradley or White Station over any High School KY team in any venue.....