McEwen wins again

MHSwarriors

Well thank you for your gracious post MHS. Here's my analysis since i know everyone is dying to hear what i thought...

Both teams came out playing well, with the score 14-14 after 1 and NCS leading 24-23 at half. Puckett shot the ball very well and played good defense in the first half, but apparently saved some for the 2nd. McEwen came out in the 2nd half and made a run to take a 35-27 lead at one point. NCS stayed behind but closed the lead to as little as 2. D. Anderson for NCS was defended very well and couldn't find a look AT ALL in the 2nd half. A couple other players, such as NASTY NAKKA and Walker stepped up and made some big shots to keep it close, but in the end Puckett was too much as he extended McEwen's late 1 pt lead to 3 with an and 1 basket off the drive, missing the free throw. NCS had possession for the last 35 seconds or so down 47-44, but could not find a good look or make one as they missed about 6 or 7 attempts from 3. Both teams played well but again McEwen made the plays at the end that won the game. Puckett looked like a star and played the best game i've seen him play yet. The refs weren't very good but i guess it went both ways too (except for one awful intentional foul call). Again good game and i look to see these teams meet again in the district tourney.

My only complaint about the game would be a sign made by McEwen fans that read "MUTT" in capital letters, which was held up every time Cam, one of NCS's black players, had the ball. I can understand yelling at a player, but making such a racist sign is totally uncalled for. At some point it just crosses the line, and i think the sign tonight did just that. I saw some administrators and coaches talking after the game and i hope anything so offensive will be prevented in the future. Truley a classless act.

listen up McEwen

yall can keep doin what youve been doin

keep talkin trash and that other crap that youve been spewin

we all like to talk and give critism

but yall crossed the line with that sign

basketball has no place for racism

yall are cool now yeah you beat us again

but you might want to watch out just who you offend

MUTT? i bet it took you all day to come up with that

but because you cant spell doesnt mean you should hate on a player thats black

hopefully we will see yall again maybe in tourney time

but when it comes down to it the rim is colorblind

Edited by ncseagles911

FYI - I put this on another post as well. I was at this game and I saw the intentional foul call. The NFHS 2003-2004 Rules Book states.."a foul also shall be ruled intentional if while playing the ball a player causes excessive contact with an opponent". This is exactly what I saw. He pulled the guy all the way down to the ground. That was his intention...or at least that is what looked like his intention was. The game was not officiated well in my opinion. The game was way too physical and many more fouls should have been called.