Carter County Signing Day is here!

daleriddell

daleriddell knows that this is a basketball board but has anyone heard anything about Mark Byrd or any other athlete from Carter County signing to play college football. daleriddell needs to know, he is losing sleep over it! I heard that UT was coming to Elizabethton to look at young Charles Peters. Any truth to that?

Yours truly,

daleriddell

Dale, I kinda doubt if they are looking at a sophomore at the present. Charles is a great kid and a good player but very few players in this area will play for the Vols.

Some will say I'm crazy but as for Mark, I think he will end up playing baseball in college. He has some great skills and if able to get with someone who will work with him, he could be very good. I see a good centerfielder and leadoff man.

Some of these two and three sport athletes will be good college players when they can focus on one sport.

Edited by coachtdog

As for basketball, as long as Donald, Johnny and Richard are coaching you can bet they will play hard and compete. They not only turn out good basketball teams they try to mold players into fine young men. You have good mixture of juniors and sophomores returning and a few freshman that will help so don't worry about the basketball program. They will be among the elite in this area. You can bet they will always play for the name on the front of their jersey and not the one on the back.

As for baseball, I doubt if it would ever happen but playing in a program like Unaka baseball would be the great for someone like Mark byrd. Not to take anything away from Cloudland but it is not a baseball school. The exposure would do him a world of good. Although not a private school maybe Unaka could offer him a free lunch and two extra sodas a day if he would come and play.

Yes on paper Unaka has a solid baseball team, but just like basketball paper doesn''t mean anything nor what they did last season.

Yes Randy, Rusty and Chad are good players but I think the other players will be much improved this season. Two good left-handed pitchers along with Tee will make them tough.

Acie is a good coach, and with John Minton and Coach Long back they will hopefully make another run to Memphis.

Edited by coachtdog

I have been away for awhile seen many exotic places on my adventure and the KingofEngland is back for the best time of the year tourny timeits geat in this area but that isnt the topic here.I hear mark has been talkin to the cornhuskies something like that that team from nebraska or something i dont really know but tdog is this true wow he was great this year set all them there records at the great Cloudland High School,i remember back in my day they was phenomenal the greatest thing since sliced bread danr them were the days.I here Unaka High School finally got what they needed a baseball field and my brother called me while i was away and said that field made them go to the state tournament atleast thats what he said.I hear they have two leftys from what i have read dang that is a great tool in baseball can you give me any info on them there leftys tdog i was a lefty myself.You know it is great to have the internet now im a old man and cant get out much like everyone else on here so i just let the people that can keep me up to date on local sports.

signed KingofEngland

Edited by KingofEngland

Peters is a fine young man and an excellant athlete, but he needs more height in basketball to move up successfully in the next level. He is a heck of a baseball player as are several underclassmen at Eliz. He is also a great cornerback in football which has a great couple of classes coming on. Question is, why would Tennessee be looking and regarding which sport?