Maryville going to "The Doghouse"

Rebelsman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bearden is an awesome place to play. Of course it could be because I am so.......old. But regardless, "The Doghouse" has a trdition of being difficult to go into as a visitor.

Those big old echoeing gyms make for a great basketball atmosphere. I went to High School in the mid seventies when Vernon Osborne was the mack-daddy at Alcoa. When a VO team took the floor, the house was rockin'.

Anyway, good luck to both teams.

See ya' Friday.

Maryville[/url]Rebels,Feb 4 2004 - 10:42 PM] Hey, don't hate cause we have people willing to pay money for our athletic programs and others arent.

Its More like you guys actually have the money to pay for your facilities. Less schools, more money.

And you can't pay for class or respect, so maybe you should earn it. :P

Edited by BHSfootball

Well actually if u look at our facilities, the money for our weightroom was donated to the school. I think we also go some other things out of the deal. So its parents willing to pay for their kids equipment and facilities as well as schools money. Farragut has a buncha priviledged families, but none of them donate money to the school, therefore its a run down POS. I can say that, I have been in there, its ugly, cramped, and the technology is horrible.