Best Player in Upper East TN?

chill

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I have looked at both schedules, Unaka and Volunteer. They are somewhat identical. You can not look at the numbers in this situation because they don't show any points for the bahamas teams, or VA teams we've played that are very good. Everyone wants to look at coachT's ranking, which are good, but they do not include any teams from out of state. If you will look closer, you will see that White Station is not the #1 team in scheduling, but tell me who in this state has a more diffcult schedule than them. They play nationally ranked teams but they don't count towards the stength of schedule. So throw the numbers out and see for yourself. Unaka players and parents that went to the Bahamas last year know how good those teams from that area are.

As for Charles Lindholm the best player in this area........tell me who else has averaged a double-double the past two years, especially at 20ppg and 10rpg. Who else in this state? And a lot of people say because his stats go up against weaker teams. I pulled his stats against Science Hill, Tabernacle, Sullivan Central, Morristown East, Chatt. Brainerd, and St. George (Bahamas). He averaged 19 ppg and 9.7rpg. So tell me is it against weak teams? The fact is that Charles brings it every night he plays, and he still has one more year.

Please don't down any athlete on here. They all deserve to be mentioned in a positive manner. My top five would be:

Charles Lindholm (Volunteer) - G/F (MVP)

Jerome Odem (Science Hill) - G

Daniel Singleton (Rutledge) - G

Thomas Harrison (DB) - F

Matt Dunford (Central) - C

Second Team:

Matt Buchanon (TN High) - G

Jon Skeleton??(Central) - G

Drew Porter (TN High) - C

Jacob Frazier (Volunteer) - F

Anthony Wydner (Cherokee) - F ** Rusty Chambers (Unaka) - F ** ALT

There are toooo many honorable mentions to name. The second team can have alternates because I haven't seen many play this year. But give me those five and you can compete with about anybody.

:blink:

Edited by Stokomo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close Stokomo come on I actually thought you knew basketball there for a while.

1st Team Upper East TN

1-Jerome Odem-pg

2-Chucky Lindolm-pf

3-Rusty Chambers-f

4-Daniel Singelton-g

5-Robbie Tolley-c

2nd Team Upper East Tn

1-Matt Buchannan-pg

2-Jacob Frazier-f

3-Matt Day-g

4-Thomas Harrison-pf

5-Matt Dunford-c

ALTERNATES********* Drew Porter Daniel Skelton Tim Whaley Mark Byrd Anthony Widener.

Edited by LEX476

And of course you have your own player from Volunteer Lindholm from Volunteer

as MVP.Who will have a better shot at leading there team to a state title Lindholm

no because 1 he is just a junior and 2 Volunteer is not even the best team in there conference.

Chambers-Possibly good senior leadership knows how to score and they play single A ball Volunteer plays 2 AA so it will be tougher for them to advance.

Odem-Great ball handles leads team really well great coach in Mike Poe and they are playing really good ball right now takes smart shots and can create really well

i look for Science Hill to make another run at the state tournament.

Those would be my top 3 canidates for the mvp if it was up to me just an opinion :lol:

This thread is about INDIVIDUALS, not teams. You are talking about a lot of different situations that don't make up the MVP for an individual. The category is about who put up impressive numbers and carries their team the most. Uh! Almost everyone on here has said that Volunteer would be nothing without Lindholm, well....you just said it yourself who you think is MVP. Not Most Valuable Team!!!!

:D

BTW.... when Vince dominated the conference, I said he was the best player, but he didn't play for Volunteer did he. Chambers is the best in his conference. But who else had put up double double averages the past 2 (TWO) years???? Someone tell me please. I don't go on because that player plays for me or I like that team.

Edited by Stokomo

I know Chambers averaged around 24.0 a game last year to go along with all of his assists not to mention East Tennessee's leading scorer as a junior.

He dont have to do all of the scoring this year because his players has gotten better over the summer and with his court awareness he can rely on other players

to score.Dont get me wrong Chucky is a very great player and no doubt he is the best player in his conference and so is Chambers but its kind of hard to chose.

you gotta figure Chucky has some off nights so does Chambers some nights they will put up 20 something next night it will be 12 or 14 im sure Chucky dominates in scoring when he is playing conference teams as does Chambers i believe so far in conference he has scored 29 against University School 26 against North Greene

21 against Cloudland 35 against University School and 11 against Cloudland.

But if Volunteer played a tough Schedule like Unaka we wouldnt be arguing about this now would we (STOKOMO)He has to earn his points night in and night out facing box and ones and other junk defenses as does Chucky but when it comes tournament time who do you think will end up getting there team farther Lindholm or Chambers.

PLAY WITH HEART.

JIMA6578, you have never told us how Unaka has a tougher schedule than Volunteer. All of the tough AAAs and AAs on Unaka's schedule are on Volunteer's and Volunteer played AAA's Unaka never played. The rest of Unaka's schedule consists of 1A schools. Last year in the Bahamas Unaka barely was able to compete. Now tell me about how tough North Greene is. Volunteer's junior varsity could beat them. How about Clinch? Volunteer's freshmen could beat them.

Night in and night out Lindholm plays as good or better competition as Chambers. As for defenses, I beleive that a steady diet of "box and one" and "triangle and two" qualifies as junk defenses. The problem with folks from Unaka is that they think the universe revolves around them. I hate to burst your bubble, but it doesn't and it doesn't revolve around Carter County either.

chhs72

I wonder what your kids think of you "adults" that get on here and toot your horn about how good Volunteer is. I do not have any ties with Unaka nor Volunteer. Both teams have good coaches. But Chambers is 6'1 who plays against much taller players night in and out. He can handle the ball, play anywhere from inside to outside and will likely end up playing either baseball or basketball in college. Lindholm is an inside player who will be in between in college. His dribbling skills need to improve and he is very good on offense. Weak on defense and picks up cheap fouls sometimes. I know I had some of your games. "Get the picture." Stick to keeping the books, I know who you are and you say the things you said about Carter County. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. They should charge you folks at Volunteer for your own website. Talk to some of your local college coaches such as Milligan, King, VI, Tusculum and see who they think can play at that level. I think you might be surprised.

Like it's a big secret who I am, and I don't talk bad about any TEAM. Look up all my posts and tell me where do I talk bad about any team or County. I don't hide behind a screen name so no one will know who I am. For those that don't know, I am Henry Stokely (Like anyone would care anyway). :)

Why is all this bickering about downing players on here? It really shows how far we've downgraded as a society. We are supposed to be talking about opinions, but everyone wants to make their opinion gospel and talk bad about other teams when this is an individual category. I have nothing against Chambers, and wish him only the best, but Rainman, you should check to see who is recruiting Charles for basketball and it goes beyond King, Milligan, etc. Also, no one has ever told me who else has averaged a double-double around here or better yet in the state for the past two years, especially as a Soph. and now Jr. Another view, you say that Charles plays post, well he is also averaging 37% from the 3-point arc. You guys think I am against Chambers and that couldn't be further from the truth. Ask him or his father, I think the world of Chambers. Heck, even ask the Ensors. He was going to play for me in AAU last year but baseball took up the majority of his time and he wanted to spend time with his family in between. I don't doubt Chambers will go to college and play two sports, but do you see me on here dogging him, or ANYONE for that matter? I wonder how your kids think of the negative press you constantly give off on anyone but Carter Co. (Betsy, Happy Valley, Unaka). I don't put down any team or player. Best Of Luck to All!!!!!!

PS....Rainman....when did you EVER see a post where I talked about how good Volunteer is? Just another fact you have wrong. I have never given an opinion of teams.

B)

Edited by Stokomo