GORDONSVILLE JUST HOW GOOD ARE THEY?

vaden22

How do Gordonsville fans feel about not counting their first 2 losses at Pickett Co.? I have a lot of respect for the Livingston girls' team because they lost in their Hall of Fame game and even though they didn't have to count it they did. Gordonsville has chosen not to count two losses, but they did lose to Pickett Co. by 10 and Pickett did count it as a win. Pickett is #1 in the power rankings due to strength of schedule. I do think Gordonsville is one of the top teams in the state, but their weak schedule may hurt them.

About that, the whole point is they didn't have to, it was a choice by the coaches. Still 24-1 or 24-3, both are pretty awesome records!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldog0,

If a team is ranked number one, then anyone who disagrees with that ranking would consider them overrated.

Let's compare the schedules:

Gordonsville and Clay County split, with each winning at home. I don't want to hear your excuses about injured or suspended players because injuries are part of the game and suspensions happen for a reason. It's not Gordonsville's fault that the injuries or suspensions happened just before CC played GHS.

Clay County____________________Gordonsville

RBS 1-1-------------------------------------------RBS 2-0

Monterey 2-0--------------------------------------Monterey 1-0

Friendship 1-1-------------------------------------Friendship 2-0

Smith Co 0-1--------------------------------------Smith Co 2-0

Pickett Co 1-1-------------------------------------Pickett Co 0-1

Hermitage Springs 2-0---------------------------Hermitage Springs 2-0

Van Buren 0-1------------------------------------Van Buren 2-0

According to the information in the schedules section, Clay County is 7-5, Gordonsville is 10-1 against common opponents. The best that CC can end up is 8-5 and the worst GHS can do is 10-2.

The region tournament will be here quick enough. We'll let the teams hash this out then and settle all bets.

Edited by UncleStimpy

i vthink celina needs to start worring about their ownselfs after getting their butts kicked by carthage. or did they just over look them?? i know i read somewhere that celina did not shoot good and had a off night. well gville has had bad nights shooting and off nights but they have still won 24 in a role. this is why they are ranked #1 in the state. THEY FIND WAYS TO WIN!!! THIS IS A SIGN of a good team if you can win when not playing good. anyways it is time for the tournament and if you have a bad gameand can not find a way to win you are going home.. so i give gville the advantage...