Is Temple Overrated

WarEagle15

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supersteve, how can you say they will be in comfortable surroundings when they only have two players that played in that situation last year. Sure they have been there several years in a row but i think this year will be different. This team is young and unexperienced i think they will get beat in the district championship to grace who played them within 5 or 6 both games. I can't remember. but they were close.

Temple will be playing in some very comfortable surroundings since they are playing in their own gym. They will host the district and region tournaments in Vance Gym. The Crusaders do, however, lack experience in big games. Although, Temple has played more overtime games this year then the past 2 years combined. That could play a major role in their freshmen coming of age. For Temple to do well in the tournament they will have to step up the defensive play from their freshmen and cut WAY back on their turnovers. This young team does not seem to value the ball like they should. Temple has a great chance to make it out of the region this year. They just need to rebound, cut their turnovers in half, and take some pride in the Temple "D" that has only been visible a few times this season.

Temple has some very valuable experience in Caleb Skogen, Sean Wadley, and Zack Mouw. These three juniors played in some intense tournament games last year with Boyd, CCS, Grace, and Celina. Not to mention all three games of the State Tournament. I think for Temple to do well in the tournament they need to realize that offense comes and goes, but defense can always be a constant. The defense can always be there. I know that Coach Wadley and Coach Skogen stress this concept regularly. It seems that if Temple isnt hitting shots, then they get down on themelves and they think they arent playing well. Through my experience, I have come to realize that you can play well, even if you dont shoot well.

All I want to say is that Temple will be ready at tournament time. They always are. They know that the road through the district and region will be tough. But, I feel they are up to the challenge. I cant wait until tournament time. It's gonna be fun this year. So many teams who have had close games with one another all year.

Finally someone is saying what I have been saying all along, except for the Templites themselves who get on here and try to defend there beloved team. Its over guys, period, your done, you had your turn now just admit that its time to step aside. and YES they are overrated. Oldtimeballer, you need to stop looking through rose colored glasses, it is loyal, but it isn't very smart. And of course you must remember, Fatchance is always right.

Chattanooga Christian's loss to Howard last night proves just how weak this region is. I still think Temple will struggle greatly against CCS, and the rest of the district and region just aren't very good. They have all been losing to a lot of teams in Chattanooga and surrounding areas, except for maybe the weakest of opponents.

....Oldtimeballer, you need to stop looking through rose colored glasses, it is loyal, but it isn't very smart. And of course you must remember, Fatchance is always right....

Fatchance,

I don't even know why I'm responding to you -- but here it goes.

I'm not quite sure who you are -- but it really doesn't matter, because it's obvious you don't really know what you're talking about. Temple has a good team. No, their not what they have been the last couple of years, but they are very talented in a lot of ways. Yes, they have some tough losses -- many of which they really should have won, but it does happen. Not just in the high school ranks, but in college and pro's. And no, it's not time to step aside -- especially to you. Temple will have a great program in the years to come -- I guarantee you of that.

And as far as your comment that you are always right . . . WAKE UP!! ;)

How can anyone say that Temple is overrated when they are not even recieving votes for state rankings??? Don't you have to be rated high to be overrated???? Besides, Temple is 7-0 in the district this year, where the standings matter right now. Fatchance is getting on my nerves. Any picks for Temple-CPA today, anyone? I won't get to be there so someone please post the score asap after the game.