District 7A

muffin

Picket co. did hold us to 2 or 3 hits...but picket co only scored 2 runs...and we had played 3 or 4 games before that and we were very wore out...but if I do recall RBS did win 2 of the 3 games last year against picket co...and outscored them...24-8...and I never seen anything impressing about there pitching...I should know I hit against them...

we beat monterey in the first game we played...then we go to monterey and got whipped...but in the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP we played a great game that went 9 innings and lost 5-4...

We beat Clay Co. last year both times we played them...when RBS went to clay they had a 9-0 lead on us in the 3rd or 4th inning...RBS come back and won that game 15-13...

H.S. and Clarkrange lost to use both times we played them...we beat H.S. 5-0 and RBS played the worst game they played all year...when H.S. come to RBS we killed them...both times we played clarkrange they were good games but RBS won both...

Now 7 of last years players are coming back...we have 7 senior starters and 2 junior starters...losing heady hurt us...but we have 2 great pitchers in jay mason and marcus hudson...I honestly think that RBS will win the district...but until someone does monterey is the team to beat...We will find out how all the teams are come april and may...noone plz get mad over this...just some thoughts and facts...

Edited by swanson71

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To throw a little history into this.... 3 years ago Monterey, RBS, and Pickett Co. all tied atop of the standings at the end of the regular season. So a coin toss was made to determine standing in the district tournament. Monterey (at home) got the 3rd seed and lost the bye game. They still won the tournament, hands down, and went on to play in the region. Monterey is the team to beat and will do it at home again this year. They have taken a step down talent wise the last couple of years and next year will be the first step back up in talent since the Peters kid graduated, so if anyone wants to take it away this is the year. But, I do predict Monterey to win the district this year as well, because of thier coach and their love of the game as well as their homefield advantage in the tournament. Good Luck to everyone!