Tryouts

mreverything

I know a team that had 2 weekends of tryouts back in August to pick the team and after all this time they say theres going to be another tryout. These girls thought they had made the team. They have ask the girls to have fundraisers to help get money to do some work on the field. Now after having 6! fundraisers they may not even make the team. I think this is very unfair since the girls were not told this till after they had 4 fundraisers. What does everbody else think?

The school is Giles County and i don't think you should judge who makes the team by how much money they can raise. If that is where high school sports is headed then the TSSAA is in trouble. The team had tryouts and keep 17 players now the coach said she is going to have 14 players. What would it hurt to keep 17 players on the team?

I think that is a bad move on your coaches part. The main reason for softball and all high school sports is to encourage players not to tear them down. I have been coaching for years and I have never cut a player and never will. You might not be able to play them on the varsity but there is nothing wrong with using them on a B team. I have had players that would not have make a cut and latter they came on to be great players for me. My thinking is you are always building for the furture.

Edited by PowerSoftball