Tennesse Lacorsse

crkjon

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooo ok wow i was way off redtwin, i thought it was like football where it is seperated into public/private divisions. and now that i realize that it is not that way, then how do they determine who is d1/d2?? school size maybe??

They determine divisions by quality of teams. Farragut just moved up to division one two years ago after winning the D2 championship over and over. Cordova and Franklin/Centennial will probably move up in the next couple years.

• 1 year later...
Props to Maryville and good luck. It's good to see the sport growing in TN. Hopefully we can get it sanctioned by TSSAA some day.

825176562[/snapback]

Do we have many that know how to play at maryville? Ive seen it on Tv and played on gym, seems like it would be fun to play. Is it be like rugby where its easy to pick up and anyone can play? If it is easy to pick up I'd love to give it a shot.

The game is fairly easy to pick up as far as the rules and object of the game. If you are familiar with hockey or soccer that is a plus. If you've played baseball or tennis, your hand-eye coordination skills will be helpful as well. If you've fly-fished it will be VERY helpful! Knowing basketball offense and defense is a plus.

The HARD part for novices is the actual throwing and catching-while standing still and then jogging and trying to hit a moving target. Be a little competent in this part first and THEN move onto shooting into a net.

What you REALLY need is someone from the UT Lacrosse Club or the like to come out and assist you through clinics, set up drills, and make sure you have the right equipment.

It's a lot like golf in this respect-you can learn it on your own or by seeing it on TV, but nothing will progress you faster than a coach who knows what to do!

Good Luck!