11A season MVP

3Awarrior

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point Stimey. Fletcher would have to be my second pick because, although the award is called Most Valuable, it is nearly always given to the most talented. Kaleigh doesn't put up the most impressive scoring average, but she has come up big in some district games this year. She's the ONLY returning starter from a team that went to the state semifinals last season and lost their three starting guards (one of whom was a Miss Basketball finalist and 4 1/2 year starter at the point) and a 6'1" post player.

You guys all counted this team out at the beginning of the year, and don't say you didn't because we can go back and look at the posts. Coach Sessions deserves a ton of credit for the team's success, but so does Kaleigh. She has really been a steadying force on this young team. THAT makes her the district's most valuable player.

I just hope the Moore County girls get their due on the all-district team. After last year's lopsided team with just two MC players after they cleaned house in the district all year long, I really think everyone realized how wrong they had been done after Abby gave her award to Eccho and brought a huge round of applause. I know everyone hates Moore County and whatever, and believe me, they are used to getting very-deserving players snubbed by the district coaches, but it has gotten a little ridiculous the past few years.

The MVP player of 11A will probaly go to Cowley or Karper. These players have been more impressive, consistent than anyone in this district. Moore County has got several good players but no MVP. Sorry that the 8th grader is never mentioned about her playing time. If it wasn't for her MC would be in last place and the DIST. knows it. Fletcher is good but not great. The 3 point shooter Norman has been more impressive and she is a SR.

It would be nice to see Cowley and Karper share the MVP award this year. These players are tops.

Good Luck to all and remember you never know who is scout watching so be on your best.

Your right SuppaBalla MC never gets what it deserves as far as 11a team. As far as MVP for MC Fletcher has made some big shots in games and she shows her Senior leadership on the floor, but Marcy #22 is the deciding factor in most of MC games she has gotten stronger and stronger has the year has went on. She crashes the boards with the best and knows how to score she would be my team MVP.

Again, can't see Karper as MVP. I think an MVP should lead her team to a better finish than 8 or 9. She is a nice player but no MVP. MaCBob, I have to agree that 22 is the backbone of the team. She is as good at posting up as I have seen and does play very aggressive. I think MC wins without the eighth grader but she is certainly the future. As for the all district...isn't that nominated by the head coach to be voted on by the other coaches. With 12 spots and teams that finish 7,8, or 9 getting a player on the team it leaves little room for the other teams to get more than one or two. I think maybe there should be 15 players selected. I am sure that whomever gets it will deserve it, but I am betting on MC or Cascade taking the MVP trophy.

I really don't think a player from every team should have to be chosen. How does that boost a player's confidence, knowing that they only made the team because they are the best player on a bad team?

This year, there may actually be a player on each team that deserves it, but in most years that isn't the case.