How about the Cumberland Co., McMinn, Bradley etc.

TribeBall

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Cumberland Co. They lost 2 senior to graduation, a second baseman and a left fielder. They are the 2003 state runners up. They have seniors pitching and at catcher. nuff said.

2. Cleveland. They are finally healthy again and lost very little to graduation.

3. Bradley. Last year's freshman pitchers are now sophmores, but I don't think they have the bats.

4. McMinn. Could be a sleeper. They have improved BIG time over the past couple of years. They might even come in 2nd, but they have to prove it to themselves.

5. Rhea.

Predictions are opinions. Lets find out.

PLAY BALL!

Edited by std

Yikes!

I'm sorry, to std and the readers of this post board. std, you were probably right to remove what I had said. For those that didn't see it, I did not say anything about the kids from Rhea. They are great kids.

I have had personal experience with this coach. I helped a kid from Rhea Co. with her pitching. The coach literally ran her off. 2 years ago, I asked for help from the Rhea Co. coach to ask a parent to operate the scoreboard during a tournament. She made several derogatory statements towards "her players parents" and said she wouldn't bother. She is an ineffective coach, cares for no one, and takes no pride in herself or her team. Rhea Co., just a few years ago, was competing for the district championship. Now they are just trying to get through the season. I am saddened to the point of disgust. I wish all of the kids from Rhea Co. well this season.

I hope you can see this is the only post I have ever made that was negative in nature. I hope you all can forgive.

As for McMinn... I honestly don't know what the changes will do. Last year, it seemed as though your team was well coached. A good bunch of kids with good attitudes. Only good things could come from such an environment.

Edited by deadeye

Deadeye you have no idea what you are talking about. I played for Rhea County two years ago. The coach may not have been the best coach but she did not run any players off. The player that "was ran off" made up excuses almost everyday why she wasnt coming to practice. I even remember once she did not come to a district game because she had BAND. She quit like two times. I mean come on i would not put up with that either. You need to get all of the facts straight before you start accusing anyone of anything.

Now for Rhea Co. this year they are under a new coach. The boys basketball coach (Crowder) I believe they will compete well this year. They have alot of really good freshmen this year. Two of which pitch. I think Crowder will turn Rhea County softball around and make them into state competitors.

1. Cumberland Co. There pitching and senior leadership should overwelm the rest of the district. They also have the best coach in the district.

2. Cleveland A scrappy team with alot of good atheletes. Very well coached.

Should be a very good defense

3. Bradley Co. Down last season but i expect them to be much improved. Pitchers should be better as well as the defense.

4. Rhea Co. New coach was the best thing they could have done. Could be the surprize of the district from what i have heard about the freshman pitcher.

5. McMinn Co. Great kids that play hard.

Edited by ricksbullet

the bchs sfball team has a very good shot this year. the pitching is of course great. every1 is making a big deal about there hitting ability. believe me that will be just fine. i just saw them pratice the other day and they are much improved from last years squad. they have very good infield play and are very strong outfield wise and have a very speddy base-runner in Marissa Bennett #22. Kanissa Webb is looking very very good this year and they have a very strong roatation. they have a freshamn pitcher that is just as good or better than Webb. the team is leaving for a tournament in Coca-Beach next week over spring break, u really cant tell how good they will do but it will be good competition. the team should have a good season and surprise some people.

Having been a fan of softball in SE Tennessee for years. I truly understand the roles between coaches, players, & parents. Soddy Daisy's and Cumberland County's programs understand these roles. First, the coach makes all the decisions. Parent support the coach under any circumstances, winning or losing. Deadeye your information is based on the parents not being able to run or coach the program at Rhea County. Rhea County had a quality coach and good record in District 5AAA with lack luster talent. Nothing against the kids but Rhea County has only had middle school fast pitch for 2 years unlike other cities in the area. RC kids had to travel to play or tryout at the high school with no experience. As for results under former Rhea coach 2000 4th, 2001 3rd, 2002 4th, 2003 3rd. She beat every team in the district except Cumberland. So Deadeye, have some pride and follow your motto, SHUT UP, and support your coach not try and run the program!

I don't keep up much with this district, but I have always been impressed with the Cumberland Co. team and their coach. We get a chance to see them several times a year at the different tournaments around Nashville and especially at Drakes Creek in Hendersonville. He runs a great program with sound fundamentals and great sportsman and womanship. I was very excited to see their run at the state last year. good luck