marshall vs. lorretto

LJbball

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Tennessean:

Loretto 58, Marshall Co. 30

Jana Cross scored 20 points and Leah Stone added 13 points, including three 3-pointers, to lead Loretto (19-4, 7-3 9-AA). Keshia Summers scored 10 points to lead Marshall County.

Loretto High School Stats

Player FGM FTM FTA 3PM TP

Laura Birdyshaw 4 1 2 1 10

Jana Cross 6 8 9 0 20

Channing Franklin 1 0 0 0 2

Meredith Green 1 0 0 0 2

Leah Stone 4 2 2 3 13

Rachael Stone 5 0 0 1 11

Marshall Co. High School Stats

Player FGM FTM FTA 3PM TP

Meagan Jones 1 0 0 1 3

Stephanie Powers 2 0 0 0 4

Keshia Summers 5 0 1 0 10

Lillie Tears 3 0 0 0 6

Kristina Uselton 1 0 0 1 3

:lol: Did anyone notice that Lorretto was up by 30 in the 4th and the last two subs did not enter the game until <1:00 left in the game? What's up with that? Doesn't the coach know the future of the team is sitting on that bench? Experience is what wins ballgames and last time I checked, you get zero experience when riding the bench...COME ON COACH, play your entire team...

Lorretto has much talent but if only 6 or 7 players consistently get playing time, the past will come back to haunt you !!!

GO MUSTANGS (all of you)

Thanx for all your (unwanted) wisdom there Slamola!! You know, it seems like it doesnt ever matter how a coach or team does, there are still always gonna be that few that B_ _ _ _, moan, and whine about something!! It just so happens that when the Lady Mustangs played the Lady Tigerettes at Marshall Co. that they beat us by a 10 pt. margin!! We are 10x's the ball team they are, therefore that was degrading!! If we would have completely cleared the bench too early then they would have made a run at it and made it look like a ball game!! And incase you dont know, which personally i dont think you do, if the coach for Marshall Co. had a 75 pt. lead on us he'd NEVER take his starting 5 out!! Thats the way the man works!! So, if its one of your kids over on the bench that you have sour grapes about then get over it!! Coach Green and Coach Killen have worked sooo hard this year to prepare the girls for this time of the season, and its' people like your, or probably parents like you that want to STILL 2nd guess EVERYTHING!! The job was open a few years ago when Coach Green took it over, why didnt you put your name in the hat for it there, Doc.!! And also, you cant worry about the future teams, and the playing time of the subs. during february and march!! This is District, Region, Substate, and State tournaments time, and you are pondering over what freshman, and sophmores are on the bench???? They have 3 yrs. ahead of them for crying out loud!! Come on Doc. Slamola, get your crap straight before you embarass yourself on here!! Come out and support the team and coaches, or do everyone a favor and stay at home!!!! Later!! Go Ladies, keep workin hard!! :D

Where you at Dr. Slamola???? Let us here some more of your idiotic opinions, and wisdom!! Or did you even decide yourself that it was too stupid to post on a public forum!! LOL!! Poor coaches!! It's kind of like this Slamola, coaches are danged if they do and danged if they dont!! If Coach Green wasnt winning or was winning games by small margins then she would be the topic of conversation about how much talent she had and wasnt doing anything with it!! Then when she wins big, someone is concerned about the talent thats on the bench!! I mean come on!! What is she or anyother coach supposed to do!! Play your freshman and sophmores that havent played much all year 3 days before the district tournament!! I dont think so!! That is why their wuz a JV schedule!! There isnt one this late in the season because there isnt exactly a JV District, Region, Substate, or State Tournament!! HMmmmmm, takes a genius to figure that one out!!

Go Lady Mustangs and good luck to each of you on Tuesday Nite!! :lol:

:ph34r: Well, obviously there are some people out there finally listening to the DOC...First, let me thank the good people on this message board for slamming me just for offering my opinion. I do not believe I said to empty the bench too early in the game and let the opposing team back in it. But it wouldn't hurt to give the starters a break, possibly one or two at a time; at least give the poor kids on the bench a reason to even be dressing out. I do not have kids on the bench, mine are a little younger but I hope when they get up to 9-12 grade they don't have to witness this crap...Your are right though, Coach Green stepped up and took the coaching job, not me...Too bad for LorRetto. (Take a look at the topic title D.A.) Being an ALUM, I wish the best for the Mustangs but mark my word, if we get in a situation where we are forced to go deep into our bench against a talented team, we don't stand a chance...If the reserves have played throughout the season, which they have NOT, then coming into the game during pressure situations would be of no consequence. Also, why don't we start our BEST 5 or is it a written rule that if you are a senior, you start. Nevertheless, lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor !!!! See ya :ph34r: