Best Pitchers in East Tennessee

MCtribe#10

Baylor has 3 pretty good pitchers.  Zane Stone (Sr. RHP) Steven Hawk (Jr. LHP) and Coty Green (Soph. RHP) can all throw in the mid to upper 80's and Stone can hit about 91 or 92 every once in a while.  They have good movement and good breaking pitches.  However Ryan Moore is the best pitcher I have seen in Tennessee.

Zane throws in the 85 to 88mph and has the potential to throw harder. He is effective because he throws location. Steven Hawk is going to fool alot of people this year. Cody Green has a deceiving fastball and a good change-up. All three of these pitchers are experienced, and have a State Championship behind them. Ryan Simpson a junior can be a major contributor to this Baylor team. He threw very well over the summer. How many high school teams have 4 good pitchers? Bye the way Blake Carver is the best in this part of the state. :rolleyes:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dane Bolton from hixson throws in the high eighty's, as well as toby woodlee from grundy. Brett smalley from hixson also throws near the mid eighty's and has some nasty stuff. then you have wilkes from central and davis from mcminn.these are some of the best, and of course ryan moore is always included.

i have seen woodlee throw 2 or 3 times and the highs i have ever seen him is 86. that is topping out. i have spoke with college coaches that have told me the same thing. he is no doubt a good pitcher, but there is a difference in topping out and pitching in the high 80's. i am not saying he has never hit that high on the gun, just not pitched an entire game at those speeds. if you ask enough scouts, they will tell you that there are lots of kids that will top in the mid to upper 80s, but only a handful that will stay there for an entire game.

Come on now really. You gotta mention kyle waldrop. Is anybody else mentioned in the discussion a pre season all american, didn't think so. Also watch out for Phillip Sherod. Both of theese guys are great.

I think Waldrop was mentioned at the top of the thread. And yes, Phillip is a fine pitcher as well.

well all i got to say is that the Paul Davis kid everyone is talking about, HE IS THE REAL DEAL! he is untouchable...he is an even better shortstop, well his coaches won't let him play shortstop b/c he's too good and they don't want to hurt his arm, but he has got the quickest hands i've ever seen.... your welcome guesswho? :blink:

Dave Mason from Meigs County is one of the most underrated pitchers in this area. He can do it all ladies and gentlemen, and looks cute doing it. Watch out all you females- he has a girlfriend and yes she's mean. If the pitching arm goes out he has a backup plan- he is one incredible book keeper. He has the greatest hand eye coordination for doing the stats that I have ever seen... whoa this kid's gotta future ahead of him. Go tigers and go big Dave Mason

Thats why I think Paul Davis should be added to the list of best pitchers in East TN... he throws mid 80's (from the side) with all the characteristics you just mentioned. I've been on varsity with him since my freshman year, and he has had under a 1 ERA every year. Hopefully he signs with Chatt State so we can play together after high school

Paul Davis is very overrated. He is one of my friends and I like him, but he's a sorry baseball player