Rockwood vs. Onieda

SHORT10

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pennyplay is right, the big guys did not have a very good game against Coalfield. . . Miller and Armstrong combined for eight points, Miller scoring only two. Oneida also shot poorly beyond from downtown with the exception of Walker in the fourth quarter. I think Oneida has to hit some three-balls if they're going to beat Rockwood.

When Walker's shot is on and Miller has his game on in the post at the same time, I think Oneida is very close to unbeatable in this district.

If Rockwood has to rely on Davis, they may be in for a long night. In two games against Oneida, Davis has scored a total of 11 points this season. Oneida has done a very goob job containing him.

With those things in mind, I still think it's going to be awfully difficult for Oneida to beat Rockwood with the game being on Rockwood's home court. I hope they do.

Xtremeloco, you hit the nail on the head. Jamie Hackler has came leaps and bounds since the last time the two teams met. His body frame and athleticism will match up rather well against Armstrong in the post. Armstrong will win the battle with the talented sophmore on becasue of Hacklers lack of experience. Walker is another one to watch out for, it feels like he has been there for 6 yrs. He had a good second half against Coalfield, but the Tigers and the Jackets gameplan for him will be a lot different. The Tigers wont hold the ball for 2 mins. at a time, they are the fun and gun in the district. With the Tigers at home and off for 8 days, i give the advantage to them, but the Indians usually play well at Tom Evans Gym and i dont expect anything different from them tomorrow. I have to go with the Tigers in this one but not by much, Tigers by 5. Thomas Davis with a DD, and Brian Reed with solid performance.

The other gmae of the nite matchus up Harriman and Wartburg. There is something about the tourney that seems to bring out the Vespie in Bulldog country. I like the Bulldogs in OT by 3. Patrick Davis has a dunk or two, but not much more than that.

one question: are there anymore Vespie's coming up?

Good luck to all teams, and may the refs not decide the outcome of any games.