Spring Fling

EastRidge010

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither. I think that it should go somewhere in the middle of the state to make driving distances easier for everybody. That way, people in Memphis don't have to go all the way to Chattanooga, and people in the northeast part of the state don't have to go all the way to Memphis.

Murfreesboro is the ideal place for the spring fling. Football and basketball already have figured that out.

No matter where the tournament is held some teams will be close to home and some will travel. Memphis is a great site except for its location.

Think about the teams from upper east Tennessee. Some of those teams have around a 500 mile trip.

I would prefer to see the site rotate every couple of years to each part of the state. Absent that, a central location in the Nashville area would be more equitable to the athletes, family, and friends. jmo

There is not a location that is going to please everyone, because it's always going to be in someones backyard and someone is going to have to travel. But for the sake of cutting travel in half, or close to it, I think it should be in Nashville or maybe Murfreesboro.

The bottom line is money, if you want it in your area get your Chamber of Commerce and Local Governments to dig deep into their pockets and line TSSAA Pockets with some serious cash.

Money Talks and we all know what walks --- just don't get any on you

Well, I'd have to throw a plug in for Knoxville, as well ;) .

But, politically and economically I don't see it happening.

The Knoxville Tourism & Sports Corporation was able to bring in the AAU Junior Olympics year before last. But there doesn't seem to be the same incentive to attract the Spring Fling.

Edited by bizazz

Even though i live in the middle of the state, i say memphis is a great place to have the spring fling. They have some of the nicest feilds and the area is big on baseball.

this is my opinion also.... i live in east tn but memphis was awesome.... they did a great job with the tournament last year and i hope i get to visit again.