Way to go LA!

ShutupandPlay

I was at the LA home game against Jackson County and I can guarantee over 90% of JC fans, young and old, were singing "Hog Eye just got beat". If that is not taunting then nothing is. But I think it is great that other schools have to do something special when they beat LA, because that means it is a very special thing to do.

HOG EYE HOG EYE TNT

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... stats look at minutes played! Beech sits more than marissa! And sometimes it is how you get those stats that proves how good you are! If I were a coach I would rather have Beech than marissa on my team. Beech steps up in the big game and wants the ball! She makes it happen and marissa doesn't! She doesn't have the athletism or quick feet on defense like Beech does!

Both are great players, I have a friend that has played against both and she says she would much rather have marissa on her team than Beech but admits that Beech can take over a game with more dominance than marissa! Both are great players and have fun so I commend both of them!

hmmm... stats look at minutes played! Beech sits more than marissa! And sometimes it is how you get those stats that proves how good you are! If I were a coach I would rather have Beech than marissa on my team. Beech steps up in the big game and wants the ball! She makes it happen and marissa doesn't! She doesn't have the athletism or quick feet on defense like Beech does!

Both are great players, I have a friend that has played against both and she says she would much rather have marissa on her team than Beech but admits that Beech can take over a game with more dominance than marissa! Both are great players and have fun so I commend both of them!

How can you say that Marissa doesn't make it happen, we're talking about last year's state tourny MVP. Oh sorry I forgot you wasn't there. Hensley has been getting it done for JC the last several years and she will continue to for the remaining games this year. She still is one of the best.

In my own personal opinion, I think it would be an injustice to say that one is better than the other. Marissa is a very talented ball player, she may not average 20 points per game but she is responsible for other points by tallying up assists. That says enough in itself. She is proven to be a team leader for the Lady Blue Devils and with her leadership and STATE EXPERIENCE from the past I believe that she and her team will do just fine throughout tournament time in March. With Beech, you have a dominating presence on the floor. She has proven also to be the leader of the Lady Wildcats. She is a very versatile player and is a threat to anyone that she is playing against. Their teams have battled it out and I look for this to continue on into the tournament. If I had my choice, I would want both of these girls on my team! Congratulations on you and your teams' achievements thus far in the tournament. I wish you the best.

How can you say that Marissa doesn't make it happen, we're talking about last year's state tourny MVP. Oh sorry I forgot you wasn't there. Hensley has been getting it done for JC the last several years and she will continue to for the remaining games this year. She still is one of the best.

Man you should try hooked on phonics.... I said she is great but she is still only the 2nd best player. This is in my opinion you can think whatever you want but I will never change mine! So quit attacking mine and we don't have this problem. I can see coming back once and stating what you think but I know how fun this is when I prove you worng. If you are not from JC you would see she is more talented, but like I said b4 I have a friend that says marissa is a better team player, also like I said b4, from a coaching stand point I would rather have Beech on my team! Sorry you are blinded by your JC pride and can't see the truth! But I feel next year everyone will agree that Monica Chumney is the best player in district 7AA, and is now better than the both but she doesn't have a surrounding cast like the other two schools! I would rather have MO than either! Thats my SCP coming through!

redbud i think u need a reality check...i was at the game and hensley is absolutely no match for Beech!!so u can quit makin her out like she is great because she most definately is not when compared to LA's Beechboard.

GO LA!!

Marrisa was named all state 1st team her 1st 2 years at JC and was named state tourny MVP last year. Not to mention she has 3 state championship RINGS on her hand. How many does Beech have??????????? You do not get these kind of honors by not being great. Not to take anything away from Beech, but i think that the reality check should be going the other way!!!!!!!!

Sounds like things are heating up in here. Alot of opinions are being passed around and I figured I would give an outside 7AA opinion. Both Players (Beechboard and Hensley) are outstanding players. I would not go as far to say one is much more dominant than the other. I have seen every JC/LA game since 1992 so I do speak first hand. If Beechboard was as dominating as Magid is making her out to be the gold balls would be in LA. But on the other hand if Marissa didn't have a supporting cast I dont believe they would be in JC either. I agree with magid saying REDBUD is blinded by his JC pride but also sounds like MAgid is blinded by some personal grudge against JC or Marissa. Both are very talented girls but to say one is more dominating than the other insults both players. If we want to talk about a girl that played above the high school level lets talk about Andrea Davidson. She was the best highschool player I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

Edited by BBALLIN